Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New lingo to me...  (Read 2829 times)

BirdNester

New lingo to me...
« on: August 06, 2004, 11:28:16 PM »

So when I was a kid I think I was working on my bike, I don't remember what it was but I couldn't get a bolt undone. So my dad was in the garage I asked him how I could undo this impossible bolt. He said, "Why don't you try some elbow grease." Well hey, why didn't I think of that. After carefully checking his shelves of chemicals I finally asked, "Dad, you don't have any, can you drive me to Canadian Tire to buy some?" Ohhh the proud look on his face. But hey, how would I know, never heard this phrase before. I bring this up because I am new to fishing so something happened similar to this.
I was out fishing Laidlaw and I went to light a smoke, when another fisherman asks, "You got another one of those? I'll trade you for one of my 'Riggins'. " Well I would have given him a smoke for free, but hey, I wouldn't mind a cigar while I fish. "Sure!" I said. Then he hands it to me, a leader with a corkie on it. Apparently 'Riggins' is hip fishing talk for 'Rigs' or 'Leader with corkie on it'
I just smiled to myself, not wanting to admit to my lack of hip fishing knowledge.
So if you see me out there, feel free to have some fun.
"Hey Rob, I'll trade you a skewly-pop for your sandwich there!"
I dunno what I'll think, maybe a beer, I dunno.
RobertO

otto

Re:New lingo to me...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 11:29:23 PM »

hey robo, i'll trade you a reeb if you can tug my fish while i go get more reeb

BirdNester

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 11:30:44 PM »

Nahh, I'm not a big fan of Liberace.
RobertO

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 08:31:27 AM »

Nester, I'll trade you one of my Imperial Sharpies for one of those wobbly pops! ;D