Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MLA Raises?  (Read 6628 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: MLA Raises?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 08:06:20 PM »

Guess some of them has to get a second job at McDonalds to make ends meet ;)
With a starting wage of $6 a hour. ;D ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 08:46:33 PM »

I thought min. wage is $8.50?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 08:52:32 PM »

$6 is for total non experienced.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 09:21:55 PM »

We're talking about politicians here. What do they know about anything ? Their executive assistants or public servants do all their work.

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 11:13:51 PM »

They will amend in such a way as to make certain that they get what they want!  They can always pass BILLwhatever! Then it will be ok!  I think the NDP was all in on this until they heard the backlash or they just said they werwe so that they could play the game!  Either way, they will get their raise somehow!
 ::)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 12:06:05 AM »

Couldn't agree with you more BigGuy

Nostro

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 11:11:48 AM »

It would be great if we could march on Victoria and fire the whole lot, and start all over with people who genuinely want to serve the public!  ??? ;D Dare to dream, dare to dream. ;D ;D ::)

A good way to follow up this MLA wage hike reversal is to bring back democracy to the people by ripping up Bill 11 and Bill 29. With a shortage of health care workers in BC, how can you justify a wage reduction of $3/hour? And the teachers having to strike to bring attention to class sizes and special needs funding!  The MLA's demand dedicated public service from every one else, but don't deliver themselves! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Never look a fish in the eye.

Islanderguy

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 05:33:47 PM »

I don't know many higher educated  people that would give up their jobs in the prime of their careers to go to a high stress  non-secure job away from their families a couple months of the year with no pention plan. (and no it doesn't pay as well as most think , a GVRD systems manager makes more than the Premier)

As for the HEU workers that lost some of their wages, thats a pretty sticky subject. I don't believe that a cleaner,foodworker, dishwasher,laundry personel, grounds maintanance (non University jobs) should be paid in the same class as perhaps the plumers, electricians,lab techs and such ( University or Trade labourers) Yet all are the same union.

One thing I noticed when Carol James   wanted the bill shelved is that in that bill also included extra money for the oppisition to hire extra office workers, now that the bill is off the table, so is the oppisitions help..