Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weaver,wolf,and grace  (Read 1767 times)

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
weaver,wolf,and grace
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:56:11 PM »

Just wondering if anybody has been at these lakes since the dump of snow?Are they slush/ice free?Not worried about road condition just water!Maybe going to go out that way this sat  with the pontoon!
Please honey can i go fishing now???

WestEast

Re: weaver,wolf,and grace
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case - the access road gates are locked so you will need to get the keys from the Campground caretaker. A deposit is required. Havn't been up there since October so can't offer feedback on conditions. Good luck.

stryker 07

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:50:23 PM »

yup i know about the gates,we were the last ones in there when we got hit with the big snowfall a couple weeks ago. ;)

bcguy

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »

I was doing the tour last weekend (Dec 09), and ended up at Chehalis River. There was no ice, snow, or slush on Wolf or Grace, but some on Morris, road conditions are ugly as could be expected. There was some fish showing surface action on Grace, but I was throwing casts from shore and couldn't quite reach them (come on hipwaders for xmas!!!) Didnt see or get any action on Wolf, and didnt bother hiking down to Morris, saw 20 or 30 fish (old chum) holding in the pooling area at the start of the canyon on Chehalis. Was really hoping to get something on this river, spent most of the afternoon there, had a couple nibbles floating roe, but that was it.
But a slow day fishing is better than a good day at work!!!!
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

stryker 07

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 06:47:03 PM »

Gonna hit grace sat morning with a couple of others,even if no fish i,ll have the bbq on!! ;)