Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rod repairs  (Read 2026 times)

JiG_Head

Rod repairs
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:16:47 PM »

Can anyone recomman a good place for guide wrapping and such? ive had it done @ berrys before but not pleased.   my buddy told me highwater  dave does a super job. anyone had it done there? pictures? recommandations?
the shyt talker.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Rod repairs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 08:23:08 PM »

West Coast Fishing Tackle on East Hastings.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 09:50:21 PM »

Wrapping is really quite easy as is epoxy application.  The first rod I built is a 3113 and it turned out great.  You can build a wrapping stand and turning motor for dirt cheap and its ads a certain level of enhancement catching a fish on a rod you made.  The rod I made my dad for christmas actually brought tears to his eyes, it really was a beautiful rod!

If its just one guide that needs replacing, get a shop to do it...the start up costs arent worth the cost of a quick repair.  Otherwise Brain at west coast spent 5 minutes teaching me how to wrap a rod...thats all it took, its really that simple and Dave at high water is always more happy to go out his way to be helpful.  If its a rod you are looking to have built both dave and brian do top notch work.  being from the north shore I have no exposure to the other shops.

JiG_Head

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:49:16 PM »

well im a perfectionest... and i know if i work on it myself.. ill keep touching it and screwing it up...
and eventually get so mad that ill snap it ;D
the shyt talker.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 01:00:32 AM »

Stryker Rod and Reel in Surrey is able to do repairs and has all the components that you need if you choose to do it yourself. Give Russ a call, he is usually able to provide the service right away.

JiG_Head

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 01:26:49 AM »

rodneys the best :D

now... how do i get there?

as of now i have my licence suspended. so any public transport that can get me there?
the shyt talker.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 01:30:08 AM »

He's near the first exit after Port Mann Bridge in Surrey, so best transportation is by car unfortunately. Phone him, he can usually mail you the items if you are able to send him a cheque.