Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser Salmon Rod  (Read 3100 times)

KarateKick

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser Salmon Rod
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »

Unlikely.  You know they are not spin nor baitcasting rods but rather pole rods just hold and wait for a fish.  That means the farthest you can reach is 13 feet from shore.  If you spend a little more you can get a spinning rod between 6 to 7 feet and that'll get you into some salmon.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:11:37 AM »

how are you expecting to fish?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

VA7DDP

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »

If you are looking for a rod on a budget I would recommend the Shimano FX line up, most tackle shops have the 12-25lb (Mono)/15-40lb (Braid) Spinning rod for about $30.

http://www.armyandnavy.ca/Shimano-FXS-90MHB2-FX-Spinning-Freshwater-Rod-_p_8673.html

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:39:56 PM »

I will  look thru my extra stuff tomorrow as I think I may have a spinning rod that you can have.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

Yup I have a rod that you can have. Its a Quantum cold water salmon/steelhead spinning rod. Its a 2pc 10foot medium heavy fast action, line 12-25lb, lure 3/4 to 1 3/4oz. If you want it then its all yours.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day