Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLOOD WARNING - Chilliwack  (Read 27564 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: FLOOD WARNING - Chilliwack
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »

It has been absolutely pouring here for about 5 hrs now with no sign of a let up!!  The rain actually stopped me from fishing today. Was going to hit the Chehalis and a couple other spots, but.....
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »

Moved one chum this morning after going for the birds that Big Fisher does not want me to talk about. ;D We have now saved 139 from certain death, spotted two more but water too deep yet to get at.

It has been an interesting week may try to condense the week into one journal. River this morning is of course still mud, it may be coming from Chilliwack Lake as it has colored up before . If so it will be a while before we are fishing. Going to a CRAC meeting now, will be late but wanted to check the chum first. After meeting going for some cutthroat for the brood capture program. Better get at it or Stevie O will be after me. ;D ;D ;D

No time to post on Sports Chat how well the Leafs are doing. ;D ;D ;D Poor BS, TR and the boys must be having a very hard time these days. Of course FA will be owing me some floats. ;D

To get back on topic their boys are falling as hard as the rain is outside now, I think things should be okay flood wise this time as it is fairly cold out and it will be snow in the hills. While the temperature stays that way things should be OK.  Cheers.

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2006, 01:30:45 PM »

As of 1:25 pm the Vedder seems to be holding its own-I just came back from haveing a walk at Peach Road and things at this time still look stable-There are still some wood pieces comeing down the river and of coarse it is pure mud.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 02:59:37 PM by HARLEY »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »

Snow level way down. Wet snow East of CHWK this afternoon.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2006, 08:43:15 AM »

Chris ( or anyone)... Do you have any info on how the slides/clay banks have held up to the deluge?
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »

Snow level way down. Wet snow East of CHWK this afternoon.

For sure - local hills are piling up too.  Ski Hills were saying approx. 40 cm or so over the weekend.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2006, 06:03:10 PM »

A happy Veterans Day to all the old guys (Chris, Lew and the boys up on the Chedder)..(( I'm a vet. too but not like your generation))...Hope everyone had a moment to take some time and stop and remember what these guys did for you and their country.....

Chris, when you say it's still all mud, is there any point in fishing or is totally useless? Is there anything we can do to help up there as were not fishing it??? Are there any groups meeting to try and get fish back to  the water or anything like that? Any need for volunteers to do clean up, limb cutting anything like that??? Give me a shout or post on here if you have the need for bodies...I'm only an hour away...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:01 AM »

Chris ( or anyone)... Do you have any info on how the slides/clay banks have held up to the deluge?
Not sure, but I was told the Tolmie survived OK but have not been into check.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2006, 04:54:47 AM »

A happy Veterans Day to all the old guys (Chris, Lew and the boys up on the Chedder)..(( I'm a vet. too but not like your generation))...Hope everyone had a moment to take some time and stop and remember what these guys did for you and their country.....

Chris, when you say it's still all mud, is there any point in fishing or is totally useless? Is there anything we can do to help up there as were not fishing it??? Are there any groups meeting to try and get fish back to  the water or anything like that? Any need for volunteers to do clean up, limb cutting anything like that??? Give me a shout or post on here if you have the need for bodies...I'm only an hour away...
Still muddy and will be for a while best to wait a while although the Fraser is starting to clear up. I hope we do not get another Pineapple Express from the 50th state or we will have a real mess with the snow that is in the mountains. Nothing planned re cleanup but there is a fair amount of garbage along the high water mark in some places that could be dealt with.

James

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2006, 01:18:42 PM »