Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rainfall Warning Fraser Valley  (Read 2652 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Rainfall Warning Fraser Valley
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:23:58 PM »

Great - there's a huge front moving in, with a rainfall warning of up to and over 50mm by Thurs evening.... hope no one has plans for the Vedder THIS weekend!  Let's all say a little prayer for it to stay within it's banks!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: Rainfall Warning Fraser Valley
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:34:58 PM »

yup - 70 - 90km on the island... 70+ km at whistler - havent' heard about the valley, but the way it whistles thru it's gonna be messy - best stock up on batteries, propane and candles!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:31:27 PM »

Got pretty gusty over here. Kelly lost power for a couple of days, hopefully we don't get the same, exam month and all notes are online... :-\
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

charles

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 07:46:27 AM »

I just finished putting the fence up on both side of the house...  The last windstorm a couple days ago broke them and the neighbor was out of town.  So I have to use 2x4 just to hold them up...  And now another one tonight :(  forcasting 90km wind in the whole Greater Vancouver Area  ...

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »

Gonna be BLOWING HARD tonight boys...I was actually going to head out to the Vedder and check it out this afternoon. (Thurs.)...I had some business to do in New West. in the morning and was driving out there around 2. The wind was howling, it was pounding rain with sleet...I said F*** it and took the Lynden exit back home...This month has totally sucked, (last one too for that matter)...I've had one day fishing in weeks and that was last thurs.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 11:00:51 PM »

Not raining now or wind either on  my way back from a FVSS meeting. Vedder River visibility is nearly 0.

I got out for cutthroat for a bit today, lost 2 feeders and one spawner but the good news was I caught my first sockeye of the year actually hooked 3, landed a buck and a doe. They both went after the 3 single eggs I was using for the cutty sharks and no, before you get any wrong idea's they were not swept. ;D ;D

Got them in a Fraser side channel, no idea where they would be heading other than spawning main stem.

Rodney may have the pictures so you can see them with your own eyes if he posts them.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »

They must be flossed Chris  ;D Everybody knows that sockeyes don't bite in fresh water. :-X :-\ :-* :'( ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 11:42:36 PM »

They must be flossed Chris  ;D Everybody knows that sockeyes don't bite in fresh water. :-X :-\ :-* :'( ;D
As I have said many times and you may have missed it. Many of us have caught them fishing ghost shrimp, krill etc. in the Harrison when they were open for two years a while back. Also of course many reports of having them bite in the Chilliwack Vedder. The secret, clear water. ;D ;D,

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 11:50:12 PM »

lookin forward to pics!
weeeeeeeeeow!

druid

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »

Trouble with THIS storm is the wind blew in the opposite direction: NW rather than SE. So things that had finally come to rest in one direction were now blown the opposite way. Looking at the reports from the Strait over the last 24hrs, it was VERY intense, but short. So hopefully not too much damage done.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=46146&meas=wspd&uom=E

druid
"Apathy meeting this Friday. If you want to come, you're not invited"

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 11:44:26 PM »

Trouble with THIS storm is the wind blew in the opposite direction: NW rather than SE. So things that had finally come to rest in one direction were now blown the opposite way. Looking at the reports from the Strait over the last 24hrs, it was VERY intense, but short. So hopefully not too much damage done.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=46146&meas=wspd&uom=E

druid

It had a kick at our work area and close to home.  Very different storm than the previous ones.  This one affected us, while the previous ones were unnoticible to us.

Check out a couple of pics:  http://free-blog-site.com/dragonspeed/archive/2006/12/15/101686.aspx

Cheers!