Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thompson river  (Read 1563 times)

Alomar

Thompson river
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »

So my wife has a cousin who just bought a place about 15 mins east of kamloops right on the Thompson, no boat but has a floating dock. I have never fished that river anyone have any experience up there? Will hopefully get up there once in the spring summer and fall , thanx

Golfer

Re: Thompson river
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »

Good trout fly fishing as long as water is not high and murky due to freshet.  Jack Chinook fishing in the summer, and pinks in the late summer of odd years.
However it is a very sensitive topic on this forum, so I suggest that you explore the river when you are there or ask a local fishing store for more detailed info.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:26:31 AM by Golfer »

Riverman

• old fart
Re: Thompson river
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »

You mean the South Thompson.There is an opening generally in Sept. for Springs.Trout most places.No Steelhead as for some reason the do not come up the South.This fall less than a half hour away where the river starts at he outflow of Littlle Shuswap Lake the trout fishing on the fly will be awesome.Due to the spawning Sockeye.Or the Adams ten minutes away.Moving to Adams next month full time.Can't wait.
Riverman