Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simms G3&G4 fishing jackets  (Read 13704 times)

JRTMACD

Re: Simms G3&G4 fishing jackets
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »

G4 Jacket all the way, I love mine. Having tried loads of other brands - patagonia, loop, reddington, I will never go back after converting to simms.

buckjr

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »

best money can buy for sure.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 05:20:27 AM »

My question is...how does it look? After all alot of anglers want to look stylish out there with the lastest clothing and gear.Whats the price tag? I wear a helly hanson, thin, light wieght, green raincoat that i purchased recently for a 100 bucks that keeps me dry and comfortable when fishing in the rain.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 08:23:17 AM »

sad to say but arcteryx no longer make there jackets local , made in china now  but the best part is that they sell for much cheaper in other country vs canada . 200 cheaper in the states, its a shame.

Don't know about most recent development, but even several years ago more expensive high-end jackets were made in Canada and less expensive ones were made overseas. High end jackets, like Stringray, were expensive, more than say Simms G4 today. But very good quality stuff.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:32 AM »

Even Simms G3 and G4 jackets are IMPORTED too. ::)

Check it out...***(Under Features with a smaller words)***.http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/g4_pro_jacket.html#
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:20:22 AM by BIG T »

Kenwee

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »

My G4 bought last year is made in China. However my waders G3 Stockingfoot is made in USA. Everything, well almost, is made in China.....sending all North American jobs overseas for big profit!!!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »

My G4 bought last year is made in China. However my waders G3 Stockingfoot is made in USA. Everything, well almost, is made in China.....sending all North American jobs overseas for big profit!!!

Yes, now only the Simms G4 ,G3 and headwaters waders are still made in U.S.A.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 02:48:22 PM »

My question is...how does it look? After all alot of anglers want to look stylish out there with the lastest clothing and gear.Whats the price tag? I wear a helly hanson, thin, light wieght, green raincoat that i purchased recently for a 100 bucks that keeps me dry and comfortable when fishing in the rain.

How does that Helly Hanson jacket hold up to bushwacking?  ::) Mine HH jacket got shredded in pretty short order, then it leaked.  My old HH jacket didn't seal off at the cuffs well at all either when casting in the rain.  I bought a Bare Kodiak and have been very satisfied, but i think the cuffs on the G3/G4 are probably better still.  Perhaps you're much more tolerant of discomfort, but on a rainy day, I'd venture to say the performance of my jacket above almost all else is critical to my enjoyment and ability to fish from first light to to dusk.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:50:56 PM by Matt »

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »

How does that Helly Hanson jacket hold up to bushwacking?  ::) Mine HH jacket got shredded in pretty short order, then it leaked.  My old HH jacket didn't seal off at the cuffs well at all either when casting in the rain.  I bought a Bare Kodiak and have been very satisfied, but i think the cuffs on the G3/G4 are probably better still.  Perhaps you're much more tolerant of discomfort, but on a rainy day, I'd venture to say the performance of my jacket above almost all else is critical to my enjoyment and ability to fish from first light to to dusk.
It holds up very well to all the bushwacking i do in a day to get away from the crowds and as i said before keeps me dry and comfortable.I would still enjoy the experience even if i was soaked to the core as has been on rare occasion when ive fallen into the river.Still havent heard a price tag on this jacket?

roseph

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »

sad to say but arcteryx no longer make there jackets local , made in china now  but the best part is that they sell for much cheaper in other country vs canada . 200 cheaper in the states, its a shame.

Actually they're back to making all of the hardshells in Canada again.  I think they lost a big chunk of customers when they started outsourcing overseas. 

Juwtee

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »

I did pick up the G4 and wow is it sick!!! I love it.
Thanx guys for the info
Work hard, play hard, fish harder!

Silex-user

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »

When it rains all I wear is my H.H in XXL size I like to keep my fishing vest dry. I do bush wack through  the bush a lot too. I might get torn here or there but band aid patch does the job.

Silex-user.

roseph

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »

re: Arc'teryx vs. Simms as I'm sure a lot of you are aware, Simms hired one of the guys from Arc'Teryx to help with the design of the G3 and G4 jackets.  So either way you go, you're gonna be benefiting from a lot of the same features at least in terms of non-fishing specific aspects.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »

Guys whats the price of this jacket? Sounds like the best thing since sliced bread!  ;D

Kenwee

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »

I bought mine for US$429.00 but it is worth the money spent.