Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An Amazing Day on the Ched Oct.20/06  (Read 5084 times)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
An Amazing Day on the Ched Oct.20/06
« on: October 21, 2006, 09:57:42 PM »

Well the day started off with me arriving at Hook Set's (formerlyYoung Gun) house (kevin) since we would be leaving very early in the morning. Got to the secret spot, after the 30min hike, still in complete darkness. About 15mins of sitting there waiting, Silver Bullet(my dad) shows up. Fishing was sort of slow until the sun came out. Oh boy was fishing hot!!! I was the only one fly fishing for about and hour. Got 2 chum, and lost 2 springs on popsicle patterns just below the run my dad and kevin were fishing. Kevin's dad brought the dog along so he took it for a walk around the river exploring different places. So as I was saying, as soon as the sun came out, oh boy did our arms hurt!!! 8) ;D. We almost hooked a fish every cast. Only saw a few coho through the day. Didnt see any caught, but for one from a guy fishing a run above us. A 7lb. hatch doe. Me thinks it was caught sweeing as the gear the guy was using, was long. Hook to weight, weight to hook. He was using roe and claims it bit. I think he just fed it more than it feeding itself. All fish we caught were released, except a beauty chum that i kept. couldnt believe it was in such great condition for upper river and the low water conditions. White belly with a nice shine to it :D

Anyways all in all a good day on the river with over 40 fish hooked between the 3 of us! This report isnt very detailed because the first report i was gonna make, was much more detailed, but i forgot to sign in before doing it so it was deleted as i signed in and clicked "back".

Here are some pics

First hooked fish of the day. 2 parts of Hook Set (Young Gun), fight and fish

Hook Set with one of the few nice springs we got that day

I'm surprised hes still alive. I though it woulda ate him! ;D

Me getting feel of that big brute

A nice spring on the end of the line ;)

It's not fair he got 99% of the pics ;D. Silver Bullet is playing favourites now ::)

Like I said, all fish released except a nice chum.

Tight Lines,
Coho Cody ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:21:09 PM by Coho Cody »

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
Re: An Amazing Day on the Ched Oct.20/06
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:07:14 PM »

wheres the pic of the chum
crab cakes

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 10:14:44 PM »

like i said, my dad was playing favourites ::). We got lazy with all of the pics. the chum was caught later in the day ;).

Hook Set

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »

Ya it was sure a good day. Glad to be out on the flow. Had to rest my arms today after a day like that lol.

Hook Set
Formally Young Gun

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 10:33:35 PM »

That sure is a amazing day :-X

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 10:34:02 PM »

Nice pictures. Sounds like an awesome day.

got fish

• 7-11 steelhead
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 10:34:34 PM »

fished that same spot ;).....got there around 1:30...tons of springs and chums being pulled out, found a school of coho.. threw everything i had at them and nothing, oh well next time.  :D brought in quite a few springs aswell a couple chums.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 10:52:08 PM »

That sure is a amazing day :-X
i havnt seen any of your fish this year cord? :P ???

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

LOL "the secret spot" come on now how can people still be so ignorent to think they have secret spots in the vedder, just cuz someone dosent come to where you fish at that day or moment dosent mean anything. The vedder has been meassure and weighed by pretty much anyone who salmon fishes. ::)

P.S. Nice fish good to see some big monsters finaly making it up there, and who cares if they arent chromers its all about the tug and bend in your rod.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:33:57 PM by Floater »
[

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 11:49:18 PM »

Hey Cody, nice hat. 8)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 11:53:34 PM »

Hey Cody, nice hat. 8)
Ayup. BTW, thanx for the fly reel, i got into 5 fish  with it :D

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 11:55:06 PM »

LOL "the secret spot" come on now how can people still be so ignorent to think they have secret spots in the vedder, just cuz someone dosent come to where you fish at that day or moment dosent mean anything. The vedder has been meassure and weighed by pretty much anyone who salmon fishes. ::)

P.S. Nice fish good to see some big monsters finaly making it up there, and who cares if they arent chromers its all about the tug and bend in your rod.
Floater, we just called it a secret spot because we don't want many people finding out there it is. Your right, just because we call it a secret spot doesnt mean anything because we have seen people there. On the other hand, another spot we know of, is truely a secret. Never seen anybody. No reminensce of people being there. We've known about it for a long long time, and yet to see a person there. Also, it is almost impossbile to get to. It seems to change every year...one year, your crossin a log to the spot, next year your climgning over log jams for 20mins, to see a new pool created. Its just wierd, never seen anybody there. But that's probably cause its so hard to get too!

And yea, same old same old with the big springs. Usually get a few around 40-50lbs. each year. It's hard not to catch them. lol

Tight Lines,
CC ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:00:33 AM by Coho Cody »

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 10:52:11 AM »

thanks for the reports boys! any clean springs around?
weeeeeeeeeow!

Hook Set

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

a couple

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »

good to hear you got into a lot of fish. definately not a secret spot    :-X. your gonna have to buy a camera so you can take a picture with your own fish coho cody ::)guess your dad didnt pass you the rod this outing or you would have a picture to claim it for your own.