Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River Break ins  (Read 4745 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Capilano River Break ins
« on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »

Went buy today to check out the flow.   Didn't have a rod but figured I was in the area so why not.   A sign was posted by the rcmp that many break ins have happened over the last few days.  I quickly checked my vehicle and I had nothing of value in it.   

Went down and watched a guy fishing for 2 minutes and glanced toward my car.   Saw a guy in a hoodie walking around the cars.   I hustled up the hill to see if he was around and he vanished. 

Anyhow ... This makes me sick.  I stopped fishing the Fraser because the three times I went resulted in getting broken into.   They stole nothing...... In fact in one break in they left a pack of smokes and a bag of weed... I don't smoke the stuff so I tossed it in the ditch.

I thought of leaving the car open but still... That's ridic. 

Wondering what you guys do to make sure these sh%t heads don't touch your stuff...
see ya on the river

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano River Break ins
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »

So where was the break-in sign posted?  I did see a sign posted last week, but thought it was just another of those don't keep steelhead signs and ignored it.

lightsorcerer

• Leather Fly Fishing Wallets
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »

Where is the Ditch :o
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 10:33:23 PM »

that sign has been there for almost two months if its the one i'm thinking about that doesn't have a date...

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:07 PM »

Its right beside the front entrance from the parking lot to the cable pool.

maybe it was all a fluke..
see ya on the river

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 12:45:12 AM »

An old timer I fish with got his window smashed. Since then he has a sign that he puts in the window that says "Jim, just checking out the water, be back in 2 minutes". Does it work....? So far. LOL

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 07:08:26 AM »

I've been lucky so far on the rivers, but had my car broken into twice just parked outside my house.  I started putting a club on my steering wheels, and that seemed to have help convince the thieves that I probably don't have anything valuable inside.

DRP79

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 07:44:16 AM »

I never lock my doors when on the flow. I know there are these scumbags out there so I leave nothing of value in the car and I leave the doors unlocked. Get in, look around, empty my glove box on the floor if you will. I would rather have to refill my glove box than the pain in the a55 of making a broken window claim and the hassle that comes along with it.

There is really nothing that can be done. My GF works down town and parks in a "secure" lot. Her vehicle was broken into 3 times in 3 weeks. Lost a couple pairs of cheap sunglasses the first time and that was it. Called the cops after the first time and their response was that she should unlock the doors and leave the glove box and console open to reveal that there is nothing in there.

E2A: why does the other word for donkey auto correct to "my friend"?

Animal Chin

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »

Scumbags. I wasted the last 3 days, days I planned on fishing, getting my rear windshield dealt with. I had visions of smashing fingers with a hammer, and that scene in American History X (the one resulting in Edward Norton going to jail) ... and I'm a peaceloving pseudo-hippy.

On a sidenote, buy with a credit card and you have 90-120 day purchase insurance from loss or theft...but you're still out of pocket. Not to mention all my lures and tackle setup...

Waterboarding would be too inadequate.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 09:01:23 AM »

E2A: why does the other word for donkey auto correct to "my friend"?

Rod has set the board to change certain words to prevent profanity.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:07:20 PM by Easywater »