Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: thompson  (Read 1595 times)

dan-o

thompson
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:33:12 AM »

i am heading the interior for work and thinking about fishing for rainbow on the thompson, starting at spences bridge and working my way down. i have never fished the thompson and looking for a little advice. cheers, dan

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Re: thompson
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »

If you are going shortly, Thompson is very high, fast and running brown due to spring runoff. 

Pat AV

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »

Hey Dan,

The T is blown, I just drove by late last week. Also I think it may be closed check the regs.

It's lake time up there and they are fishing well.
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

clownfish

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:24 AM »

I've had decent luck fishing at Gold Pan, after the freshet, just watch out for the rafters and particularly the kayaks as they have no conception of sharing the waters. I've had them cross right over top of my line and beach practically on top of my toes. If my wife hadn't been there.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:44:10 AM by clownfish »

BOWHUNTER

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »

i agree with Pat, thompson will be far too much work for the reward plus its easier to hold your beer on a lake while fishing, everything is getting good up there. I went to roche last weekend and it was slow with 6 C&R 1 to the Q. It will only get better now!! I cant wait to get back there,

Tight Lines

dan-o

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »

thanks for the info guys. as i will be based is merrit, i have a few days of lake fishing planned as well (your right, much easier to hold the beer). thought i would give the thompson a shot, but i guess i will have to wait for the skagit to open for some good river fishing.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »

The Thom opened June 1st, but like the guys said it is too high at this point. I have always found a good time to start fishing the Thom is when the lakes turn off due to the heat, usually around the third week of Aug. Since you will be working in Merrit, I suggest starting with the Nicola River. It's a very good starter stream and will be good right after the water clears.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"