Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tradex show  (Read 6486 times)

Harps

Re: tradex show
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 10:40:06 PM »

First time I've been to a show like this.  My opinion was that the show offered a good assortment.  The hunting and fishing demos were helpful.  Good range of products and companies.  Few too many people - wasn't crowded though.

However, I was disappointed at one booth in particular (I won't mention the name as I've been told they have a good reputation).  Product at there store is listed as $169.99 (about 4 months ago), I thought at the show...maybe cheaper...no...$209.95!  Then I stroll 6 booths over and find the exact item(s) listed for regular price $159.99. 

I thought that maybe the vendors and shops at the show would have shown more incentive to sell their products and attract interest in their business by lowering prices.  I didn't want to have to barter or prove that I was an expert in an area to get a deal.  Maybe it was just me. 

Hopefully this post will at the least generate further comments/opinions.

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
Re: tradex show
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 06:21:32 PM »

I really had a great time at the show. I met so many people from all different types. It was great to eventually meet Rodney and Canoe Man. Things were just so busy for me, I could hardly spend time chatting with my friends.

One thing though, and I feel I need to just throw it out there.

My booth was # 115, and # 114 was the Conservation officers. T first I though I was situated in a really bum spot, but it actually ended up to be a great experience. We shared stories with them, and got to meet them all. They are really a great bunch of guys that are in need of the public’s support. I got to understand the importance of there new 1800 number.

They are having there fundraiser in July…. They need our support.

http://www.naweoa2005.com/

A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.