Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No.3 road at Dyke Rd today  (Read 7368 times)

noobfisher

Re: No.3 road at Dyke Rd today
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 03:55:50 AM »

If he is drinking in public and causing problems  call the police and let them deal with him, so the rest of us can enjoy the fishery.

fishgutz63

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:05 AM »

when calling the rcmp in richmond just tell them you want this guy tazered and they will be rite there  :D problem solved

noobfisher

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 06:56:27 AM »

when calling the rcmp in richmond just tell them you want this guy tazered and they will be rite there  :D problem solved

To keep this post on track in all seriousness a guy drinking in public, being aggressive is going to be a problem for everyone, I don't want my kids near any of that.  Why would you need an axe for pink fishing?  Please if you see this guy and he's causing problems call the police and get rid of this guy so the families can enjoy the pink run. 

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »

Surprised to hear a report like this.   Thats more like the attitude I sometimes see on the Vedder.

I have actually found this fishery most enjoyable because the attitude is generally so much better.   Just the other day I was struggling to land one and two guys rushed over with a net and patiently waited for me to get it to shore - brilliant.

On another day there I arrived at my favorite spot to see a lady with four fish and her young son beaming from ear to ear all because a sturgeon fisher had come over shown her the ropes with casting and playing in the fish.   Her son couldn't really cast so he was doing it for them and handing the rod to her son so he could retrieve and get the hookups.   That little bit of help made all the difference to their day and gave their son a memory he won't forget.

...now, that is what its all about.

mistermongz

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »

Surprised to hear a report like this.   Thats more like the attitude I sometimes see on the Vedder.

I have actually found this fishery most enjoyable because the attitude is generally so much better.   Just the other day I was struggling to land one and two guys rushed over with a net and patiently waited for me to get it to shore - brilliant.

On another day there I arrived at my favorite spot to see a lady with four fish and her young son beaming from ear to ear all because a sturgeon fisher had come over shown her the ropes with casting and playing in the fish.   Her son couldn't really cast so he was doing it for them and handing the rod to her son so he could retrieve and get the hookups.   That little bit of help made all the difference to their day and gave their son a memory he won't forget.

...now, that is what its all about.

now thats fishing good to hear there are some good people out there willing to show the ropes.
Fish on!!!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »

now thats fishing good to hear there are some good people out there willing to show the ropes.
the wife and I were totally impressed, with the location and the atmosphere despite the poser and his crew. I was also there sunday early and folks were great, busy but space was ok. talked to  several, one fellow was informative and helpful, even offered to pack my rod etc up onto the level.
As others have said if we want to maintain the levels of civility then report this antisocial behavior.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Dorian

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »

i was there  around 7 pm... heard a guy screaming " call the police !!!" ... too funny... they were going at it for 10-15 mins.... " well see who U really are " !! priceless comments...

i thought this crap only goes on at really crowded bars, scale etc... i guess i was wrong... fighting over pinks.... pathetic...

bringing my bear mace next time :)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »

what would you expect from these weekend warriors who only fish during peak runs of pinks and sockeye? a bunch of yahoos who never learned the discipline of fishing for the sport and the love of it....people looking for guaranteed catch and getting frustrated when they come across other people with the same mentality....where the hell were these losers 2 weeks ago when the run was just starting?

paulbish

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »

They were jerking Sockeye out of the river in Chilliwack.

ShaunO

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »

pon·tif·i·cate  (pn-tf-kt, -kt) n.
1. To express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way.  I.e. "what would you expect from these weekend warriors who only fish during peak runs of pinks and sockeye? a bunch of yahoos who never learned the discipline of fishing for the sport and the love of it"
2. To administer the office of a pontiff.

;) 

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »

two young guys looked like to punks right out of jersey shore. tattooed, roided out meat heads

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »

two young guys looked like to punks right out of jersey shore. tattooed, roided out meat heads

I have too agree..... but in general most folks I find are genuine nice folks. Ignore the punks and enjoy your self, altercation is just what they want.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

gofishon

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »

Nice catch! Sounds like a good fishing report. Was that two punks or two pinks? ???

1stlite

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 03:44:57 PM »

That's funny, I like that description. Next we'll see the "The Real Housewives of O.C." look alikes out there fishing.
It's better than looking at meat heads of JS.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:46:55 PM by 1stlite »

Mr. Iban

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »

Until there is a law preventing Douche Bags from fishing we are all going to have to put up with it.

When in doubt call the Mounties. There is no use in confronting Douche Bags as it is hard to reason with them. Not worth ruining a good day fishing because societies trash is acting up.