Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: may i please enter seabird island  (Read 7581 times)

BBarley

Re: may i please enter seabird island
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »

Racial segregation and profiling has been going on since the beginning of mankind. This issue seems a little bit more about someone losing out on the chance to fish at their favorite spot and pulling some prejudice into the topic.

I don't blame valleydude for expressing his comments. I'm sure a lot of you have thrown some nasty words towards the various user groups now and then. I think the key is to keep that kind of talk off a public forum and only tell it to people you know.

azafai

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »

Nothing he ever said was racist. Would suggest you familiarize yourself with the meaning of that particular hot button word before you throw it out there.

I think you better address your wise advices to him, or maybe best keeping them for yourself

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

I think you better address your wise advices to him, or maybe best keeping them for yourself

Perhaps I misunderstood what valleydude said...

Azafai, what did he say that was racist?

samw

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »

Perhaps I misunderstood what valleydude said...

Azafai, what did he say that was racist?

"i feel some FN are looking to make things conforntational as a means of pitting themselves against the white man"

"they were busy dealing with other white  TAX PAYING guys abusing indian land"

Implying race discrimination and the desire for racial confrontation as the reason for not allowing one to fish on First Nations land was probably why some considered the post to be racist.  Not saying that it is right or wrong.  There could many reasons.  Just that personally, I wouldn't have brought up the race issue.  If I was on First Nations land or private property and was asked to leave, I would apologize and leave.  But that's just me.  

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:26:19 PM by samw »

carpenter

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:50 PM »

next time bring a six pack o lucky cheapest way to smooth things over  ;D ;D

azafai

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »

next time bring a six pack o lucky cheapest way to smooth things over  ;D ;D

that is right
I already mentioned one can not solve problems that way.  It is their land and by law they can stop you.
and no need to mention race and the tax that he is not paying anyways.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:18:52 PM by azafai »

valleydude

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »

it has become quite clear that some individuals missed the just of my post,im not racist ,i do pay taxes,the fact that i was only refused access when i questioned why he was taking down plate #s,as other persons came and left of their freewill seemed unfair,yes i understand their right to control land belonging to them and respest that,i dont feel that this was the case,this person seized a chance to go over the top,which left a sour taste in both my fishing partners mouth and my own,if you want me to respect your rights,you might want to respect mine also. THANKS FOR FEEDBACK

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

Don't worry about it valleydude. Nothing you said was racist ( I mean you might be one for all that I know, but nothing in your posts was)

Pay little heed to folks that throw out the R word and then ignore a request to engage in discourse about their use of it.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 07:50:23 AM »

"the good ol six pack can unlock many doors"
anon saying
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

fishgutz63

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 08:45:40 AM »

next time bring a six pack o lucky cheapest way to smooth things over  ;D ;D
so i guess carpenter assumes that FN are drunks by bringing beer to smooth things over huh' ??? just stay off any private property .the fraser river is a million miles long find another spot. problem solved ;D

Navy Seal Fisherman

• I'd rather be here
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »

so i guess carpenter assumes that FN are drunks by bringing beer to smooth things over huh' ??? just stay off any private property .the fraser river is a million miles long find another spot. problem solved ;D
No where did I see a reference to FN being drunks. The problem here, on this hot button topic, is that allot of people are making assumptions and then basing their comment on that. The beer could be a peace offerring. Do friends ever bring over a case of beer to your house.  Carpenter, you can always bring over some beer to my house. I don't drink it, but i can always stock the fridge for when fishgutz comes over.. Humour aside.... this is a very sensitive political discussion that touches on all our biases. Ignorance comes into play as well. Put these two together and we have explosive dialogue that is offensive to some. I think that Valleydude made it clear enough that he apologized if he offended anyone as that was not his intent. Perhaps he could have used a different set of adjectives. I was there that day, so I know what happened. I do believe that the individual that was recording plate numbers may have been selected for a certain intimidation factor that Valleydude was not happy with. I asked for permission and we both entered without issues after that. I agree with some of the concerns the FN guy had, the garbage and crap people leave behind. I think positive results would have been better achieved had the encounter been more informative then threatening. Peace
The only easy day was yesterday

valleydude

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »

dont give him ,NAVY SEAL any beer,his wife doesnt allow him to drink and play on computer at same.

ChromeBar

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »

"the good ol six pack can unlock many doors"
anon saying
Fishgutz, I'ts people like you that keep racisim alive in a modern world... you are just clueless... He could have said a dozen eggs would that make you happy???? beer seemed like a good idea everyone likes beer.. If you wanna pick a fight go to a bar.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

a batch of fresh cookies

So if I brought over a batch of fresh baked goods to someone does that imply they are fat gluttons?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »

Does this never end? ....    ???
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[