Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: matt cooke traded  (Read 3035 times)

kosanin kosher salt

matt cooke traded
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »

for some matt pettinger guy with six points in 56games  , that dosent make any sense  , in my mind i think cooke has been a very valued canuck for 9 seasons  his stlye of play is what every team needs  , he gets under peoples skin and is extremly fiesty, always had passion for the game ive never seen him one game playing with slack, some of my faourite canucks memories was with the cookie guess i got to hang up two jerseys now.matt cooke with 203points with the vancouver canucks should be going down as a canuck legend, this trade just makes me  :'(

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: matt cooke traded
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »

Cooke can be a valuable player if he plays the style mentioned above but the minute he thinks he's a top six forward and not a plumber is when his game goes down big time. Pettinger comes in at 1/2 a milion less and has the ability to put more points up on the board...something we have a need of.

Both guys have had off years but if you compare their best years Pettinger is better. (16 and 20 goals the previous two years playing on the third line).  Look at all the chances Cooke has had playing with the top guns.  He can't finish even with all the emty nets he's had a chance at.  He's got no hands at all...must be from all the fights he's been in.

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »

Pettinger is not only slightly better in the point production area, his salery is less and he is MUCH bigger than Cookie. Don't get me wrong, I love Cook's style of play, but we really need some size and Nonis got that today. We are still very short on size at Center Ice, but the price for big centers were so out of reach that Nonis couldn't justify it.

Unless we gave up the farm, Bourdon, Shnider, Edler, and other upcoming talent, there was nothing for Nonis to do.
I like the fact that he didn't touch the lineup much, The Nucks are finally healthy and are starting to play better and get the right results. I DON"T think that they will contend for a cup, but if luongo plays as well as he can, they WILL make a good run at it.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »

Unless we gave up the farm, Bourdon, Shnider, Edler, and other upcoming talent, there was nothing for Nonis to do.
Pretty much Yeah.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:44:31 PM »

What a block Buster deal :P!!!....Sad to see cooke go..But i think it is for the best as MC stated.
weeeeeeeeeow!

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 04:27:42 PM »

The numbers may have not been there, but he sure worked hard and got under the other teams skin...I guess thats why we got Burrows though...in the end its sad to see him go.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 04:33:57 PM »

Pettinger has but only two goals this season >:(

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

Put Pettinger with Pyatt and Kesler and he'll do a lot more than Cooke ever could.

I'll admit Cooke was a pleasure to watch, and it will be weird with out him in the line up stirring $h!t up. But like previously stated, Pettinger has better hands and he's a BC Boy, which will hopefully provide a little bit more motivation for him to score.