Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Message for Cermaq  (Read 3301 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
A Message for Cermaq
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »

This film is a message for the fish farming company- Mainstream, a subsidiary of the Norwegian multinational company Cermaq, produced in order to educate the shareholders about the impacts their company is having in BC to local tourism operators, fishermen, first nations and the ecosystem. Callingfromthecoast.com is an ongoing video documentation exploring the wilder parts of the coast with the aim of getting word about about some of the environmental issues on the coast as well as educating people about the ecology, beauty and value of our coastal wilderness. Produced by local wildlife filmmaker Twyla Roscovich.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dt3sNpaX0E

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbHfX9SEcDI

mykisscrazy

Re: A Message for Cermaq
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:34:21 AM »

Imagine if there were no fish farms in BC....We then would have no wild fish left...Everyone knows there are farming issues, but overall despite what Alexandra Morton has to say....If it wasn't for Aquaculture Northern Vancouver Island would just about have nothing as Forestry and the Commercial Fishery are just about done. Ohh I know everyone can become waiters and waitresses and all sorts of other low paying jobs that the tourism industry provides.

redside1

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »

Imagine if there were no fish farms in BC....

what a wonderful place it would then be! Sooner they change the way they do business the better.

tyee1on

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »

more  pepole need to wake up and get on the band wagon to help save the best Salmon place in the world !! good job on the short film well done

Camman

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:42:22 PM »

It is unbelivable how clue less and un-caring the goverment is when it comes to them making money of fish farms.

tyee1on

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:00:14 AM »

the government is  killing   all the fish   so they can put dams on the rivers so they can make the big money on power to sale to the US  NO FISH NO PROBLEMS

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 09:32:20 AM »

bomb um!!!

Poleman

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »

Interesting

Camman

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »

the government is  killing   all the fish   so they can put dams on the rivers so they can make the big money on power to sale to the US  NO FISH NO PROBLEMS

I totally agree with you. Just like in the video it says how we can make it work for both sides its just going to cost some money. Another point it said was how it is illegal in norway and these companies are norigian so it make sense they should pay a little more to protect are land because they all ready screwed theres up.