Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing tips and primers  (Read 1319 times)

nosey

Fishing tips and primers
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:29 AM »

It's came to my attention that since the advent of the sockeye sports fishery in the Fraser River there is a whole generation of fishermen out there that think if you're salmon fishing you're bottom bouncing. Now I realize that on this sight there are a lot of good knowledgable ethical fishermen out there on this sight that could teach me a thing or two about lots of fishing methods  and areas that I don't have a clue about but there are also a lot of new fisherpeople out there who have to sort through every posting to gain small scraps of knowledge and usefull hints that a lot of more experienced anglers just take it for granted that people know it, we forget that we all had to learn this stuff some time. What I'm getting at here if we stated a thread with different basic instructional postings would how many out there would be interested. I myself would be interested in different methods of salt water fishing every time I hit the ocean I'm just guessing, whereas my area of expertice is could be bar fishing the Fraser above the Vedder fairly simple but daunting if you've never done it. Anyone interested I'm talking just basics don't want to get into the differences between a 12 3/4 or a 16 1/2 inch leader or the individual merits of a green topped silver glow verses a red topped one.