Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambleside July 11  (Read 3064 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Ambleside July 11
« on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »

Couple of us went out Sunday morning for an outing and a chance to toss our lines - weren't really expecting much but a nice morning out...

Arrived at 05:20, just at low tide and stayed until just before high peak.  There were half dozen other fishermen out and maybe 15 boats.  Fly guys and hardware chuckers (as well as the trollers) so there was good selection of presentations, locations and depth out there.  Nothing was seen the whole time - nothing finning, nothing caught and no hits observed... it WAS a beautiful morning to be out for a few hours however!!  Never a waste of time with that kind of weather and scenery!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: Ambleside July 11
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »

I was there Sunday for the 2 hours around low tide and the only difference was the complete lack of boats (except my pontoon). There was a few guys on shore. No fish, nothing finning, only one seal seen at all.

TimL

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »

I went there on the morning of Canada Day. It was cool with some rain in the mix. Only saw 1 fish caught (3-4 lber maybe) from the breakwater among 15-20 anglers. Tried there for a bit then went to the mouth as the tide went down..nothing and no risers seen. Donated 4 lures to the fishing gods though.  :P

Kinda redeemed myself in the afternoon- Joined a buddy out by the rocks at Belcarra for some flounder/sole. Lots of action there as the tide went up, with some relatively large ones caught by both of us (up to 1.5-2 lbs).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:27:17 PM by TimL »

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:28:59 AM »

I was fishing the upstream of Ambleside in Cap Canyon itself on Sunday morning on the 10th.  2 schools of coho came through while I was there.  I couldn't get any biters in the first school.  The second school that came hours later, I had my spoon stuck in the rocks. By the time I changed spoons they were gone.  Each school made it through within a couple of minutes.  Just some trouts flopping around the rest of the time.  On my way home, I saw a guy carrying 2 coho's on Capilano Road in the lower section.  Water level was only 2 and it was a morning low tide, so I was surprised to see someone with fish in the lower section.