Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Now only if BC rivers lakes & alll had these many fish in them !!!  (Read 1966 times)

arimaBOATER

Was doing a web surf the other day for awhile & came across vids from Pet Tube I think it was called.
So after watching some rather interesting vids...one was EXTRA interesting.
 It showed this medium sized dog glancing down into the water at the end of a dock...after studing the waters the dog jumps in...& sure enough there's a 12-14 in fish in it's mouth !!!
Noticed though there were lots of fish because ya could see tops of tails  at the surface disturbing the water.-----------Now only IF all BC waters were that crowbed with fish !!! (in the rivers lakes & salt)
Maybe it is a good thing it is not. ---------------------Did fish a large BC lake once that had so so many fish that ya would get one on every 2 minutes MAX. Also it did not matter what the the presentation was.
There was just no skill needed to catch them.
MAYBE on the other hand it would not be good to have that many fish as we would need only one lure..tackle shops would go out of buissness & we would not have to fool the fish with our "this lure or that one".."slow & fast" retrieve would not be needed. FISHING THEN MAY GET BORING if it's too easy. :o :o :o extra:  Merry Christmas may the "Good Lord" bless & keep yous in 2011 !

sculpin

Re: Now only if BC rivers lakes & alll had these many fish in them !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:10:50 PM »

FISHING THEN MAY GET BORING if it's too easy.

I'd rather get bored catching fish easily, than frustrated not catching at all.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »

To sculpin :Good point! I had to laugh at that reply for sure.

BUT...........

Maybe though your statement is TRUE only because you & I are not good fishermen !
Maybe it's the presentation or your reeling in too fast etc....

I mean ya just can't use a giant hook & stick on a 8 lb roast & use thick rope as your line.  ;D ;D ;D

Case & point...guys like Rodney % wise will out fish peopel around him. I've seen it with my very own EYES    O-O
This guy was catching more pinks than anybody on a crowded shore line when the pinks were at the enterance of Steveston Harbour back in the early 2000's. (I think it was) From Al 

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 08:46:25 AM »

During last years Pink run it was that easy.I would like to say it took no skill to catch them but I was amazed at some people who just did not get it despite others catching hundreds on the fly around them!Last years Sockeye qualified as well.
Riverman