Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 714!!  (Read 2696 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
714!!
« on: May 20, 2006, 02:55:53 PM »

So Barry Bonds has hit number 714 after what seemed like an eternity!! What are your views on this, does it matter considering the other crap that is going on in baseball right now? Should he have an "*" beside his name? Or does anyone really care?   ;)
I think that it is a great accomplishment, no matter what the circumstances are. But that's just me......   ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

fishfinder

Re: 714!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:16:37 PM »

Yeah, it's quite an accomplishment for Bonds to hit that many homeruns, but it is a tainted record.  In fact I think for most fans they are underwhelmed. Have you seen Bonds play lately? Without the roids his body is falling apart. He can't even run to first base. I think same things happened to big Mac and Sosa as well. Bonds should have stayed clean as he would have been judged as the greatest player of his generation. Too bad.

Roger Maris is still the homerun king to many baseball fans.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: 714!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »

I think it is an amazing achievment, and of course there shouldn't be an * by his name ... he was just one of the unlucky ones that got caught, drugs have been prominent in proffesional sports for a long time now, so does that mean that you have to go back and put an * besides anybodies name that has won any type of award or set any new records?? of course not, you just have to respect the fact that he is an awesome athlete and reward him as such!!!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!