Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 Steelhead Videos  (Read 2460 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
2021 Steelhead Videos
« on: April 26, 2021, 11:53:03 PM »

Two new steelhead episodes will be released tomorrow night, one on Kitty's channel and one on mine.

Kitty's video starts at 7:00pm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV01e1clTa4

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2021 Steelhead Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:50:33 PM »

First video starts in 10 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV01e1clTa4

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:21:31 PM »

Second video begins at 7:30pm!
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKgbqcl6eQ4

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 08:34:24 AM »

Two nice videos, brings back memories  :)  I noticed Kitty has started reeling with her left hand, maybe time for you to switch over, lol!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 12:28:14 PM »

Haha... Both Dan and Kitty have always reeled with their left hand. She has only used the right hand when she has to use my or the guides' reels when out filming. I use either actually, and have started getting more left handed reels lately.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 02:53:49 PM »

there isn't a correct hand to use. It's whatever works best for you. I have reels setup for either.. Over the years I have gone more to left handed reels because reels are usually setup that way for the US market.

For people who are "righties", right handed reels allow you to use your strong hand when fighting a fish plus it keeps the handle on the far side of your body when casting. Don't know if that makes sense to you but that was the explanation I heard for why reels like those made by Hardy came factory setup for right handed retrieve. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:04:54 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

firebird

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 09:20:48 AM »

Rod, is it possible to enable auto-closed captioning of these videos so hearing-impaired folk can follow the dialogue. It's not highly accurate but is sufficient for those who can use their imagination to fill in the missing pieces  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 09:49:53 AM »

Rod, is it possible to enable auto-closed captioning of these videos so hearing-impaired folk can follow the dialogue. It's not highly accurate but is sufficient for those who can use their imagination to fill in the missing pieces  ;D

Of course. ;D It's turned on already isn't it? I just took a look and if you click on the "cc" button at the along the options at the bottom of the video frame, it should show up. I let it played for a bit to see the auto CC, and I don't know... YouTube doesn't seem to understand my accent too well... ;D I might need to spend some time and create my own CC.

firebird

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 10:03:47 AM »

Of course. ;D It's turned on already isn't it? I just took a look and if you click on the "cc" button at the along the options at the bottom of the video frame, it should show up. I let it played for a bit to see the auto CC, and I don't know... YouTube doesn't seem to understand my accent too well... ;D I might need to spend some time and create my own CC.
It's not working for me. Maybe I need to fork out some money to YouTube. I will look into that.

Oh, wait a minute ... it's now working on Kitty's video ...

firebird

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »

It's not working for me. Maybe I need to fork out some money to YouTube. I will look into that.

Oh, wait a minute ... it's now working on Kitty's video ...

All good now ... I was using the incorrect button, trying to turn it on in Settings

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 10:11:53 PM »

Great! I'll see if I can find the time to manually input the script so the CC is 100% correct...