Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Puppies! They're HERE!!!  (Read 14494 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Puppies! They're HERE!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »

Cute as a button but lacking in table manners. :)

ali2pali

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 10:27:01 AM »

haha, awsome photos. dogs are the best, especially puppies!!

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »

Alrighty then, Gonna make up for lost time here by posting a whole whack at once!

Took The Pack outside for their first run, Results were Hilarious!!

Tanaraq

KILLER!

Boogie Time

More...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 07:40:29 PM »

Explorers

Pointer?

Whatcha Got??

Kill Da Hose!

Defending The Woodpile

More...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 07:41:23 PM »

Takin' a Break

Papa Joins The Madness

Howdy Kiddies!

Looks like Momma Regrets Joining In!

Papa To The Rescue!

Even more...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »

Quit Trying To NURSE!

Like Father, like Son - The Stance

One Happy Family

Thought I Warned You About that NURSING THING!

TOO Much FUN!

And that's a wrap for now. Pictures really don't do their activity justice, so I'll try for a video for next time...

One Hell of a Handful alright! Wouldn't have it ANY other way!!

Cheers,
Nog

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 08:59:48 AM »

Wonderful pictures! Looks like some of them are changing fur colours already.  :)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »

Wonderful pictures! Looks like some of them are changing fur colours already.  :)

Thanks Nina,

Yup, their colors will change until they are nearly a year. The mom went from straight black and white with a very dark face to the beauty she is today, taking a full year to do so.

Still a couple left by the way...  ;)

Cheers,
Matt

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »

Next Installment...

Since the pups have been stealing nibbles of ma & pa's bones, we decided to see if they could tackle the real thing.
Man, was THAT ever a Hit!!

To give ya'll the idea of just how BIG they are getting, the bone these are working on is the full pelvis from that good buck I got just the other day!

Whereas these ones are on a good-sized strip of the backbone/rib section:

Took a few small videos of The Pack In Action:

Getting Huge Alright! http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/IMGP0406.wmv

Feeding Wolves: http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/IMGP0407.wmv

Give 'Er Time: http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/IMGP0409.wmv

Gonna Need 10 Tags!: http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/IMGP0411.wmv

Bone Strippers: http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/IMGP0412.wmv

Pretty damn impressive for being just 5 weeks old (today)! Getting close to being completely weaned already, rather quick for this lot! Momma couldn't be much happier about that part! Those little needle teeth are BLOODY SHARP!!

Keeping them around another week to ensure their development is still going strong, then farming them out to their new homes. Will be in touch with those they have been promised to over this week to make the arrangements.
Still a couple left that are looking btw, so drop me a line if you are at all interested...

Will try for some outdoor footage if the weather cooperates soon!
Love them all, but the Missuz says NO WAY to housing an entire Pack! And since I can't get a Mastodon Tag, guess I'll have to agree.
Ain't looking forward to seeing them off though...
Going to have to cram a LOT of FUN into this next week methinks!

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

They are really coming along FAST now!
Tanaraq had one ear pop up overnight - looks kinda lopsided at the moment, but that will change (for all of them) in quick order:

And they all simply LOVE people! Here's Al getting the Belly Rub Treatment:

aYup! Fun Times!!  :D

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »

Pups are almost all spoken for and will be ready to roll by next week. If anyone here is interested, let me know shortly!

REALLY going to miss these little buggers!  :'(

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »

Couple left to go now Folks. Will post a few pictures of those seeking "Parents" as soon as a couple Ladz finalize their decisions (shortly now methinks).

Seven weeks and Ready to Roll:D

Have a few new pix, so feel free to E if interested...

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »

Bertha found her new home last night. Going to an acreage with a gentle older female to help her learn the ropes. Largest of the females, she will both be large as well as a "Looker". Methinks she will be one happy puppy there!

Cheers "Bertha"!   ;D

Leaves one Gal still to find her Pack. Peter was named that due to her extreme friendliness with my neighbor (who happened to be named Peter). Her nick-name started as a joke, but somehow stuck. Methinks she will end up with another handle down the road.

This one is almost overly friendly, seriously LOVES people, and doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body. She will of course be territorial (as most of these females are) but will show a reluctance to straying as a consequence. She would benefit from a family with children for her to play with and eventually watch over...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »

Then we have The Lads. One of these is spoken for, but it is taking that Family some time to make up their minds! LOL!

First up is "Al". Named so for Al Capone, he is THE Dominant pup of this litter, and the Largest. He is somewhat aggressive and a tad rough with the others as most Dominants are. Will be rather Big when full grown. With proper training and nurturing he will develop into a fine Companion and Watch Animal. I expect that will require good and consistent training to accomplish, and am being VERY selective as to who gets him as a consequence.

Next we have "Double Dot". Easy to understand why when you see the matching dots on either side of his muzzle. He is outgoing and friendly, sits in the middle of litter dominance alongside "Nobody" and "Zorro". Very much likes snuggles and pets, methinks he would do right fine for a family with children and/or other pets.

"Nobody" was named for the star (Trinity) of the movie My Name Is Nobody. A clown at heart, he loves to show off and has a real "prance" to his step. Going to be one proud puppy, guess he inherited his Prince like attitude from his Princess of a mother! Another that will be fine with kids and/or other pets.

And last but by no means least, we have "Zorro". He was originally named for his mask, although that has faded somewhat as he has developed. He will be a real Looker, and knows it! Extremely friendly with people, he craves attention, always desiring a scritch or belly rub as he sighs contentedly while that happens. Likely amongst the best for a family with children. And will likely tend more towards his mother's size rather than his fathers.

And that's the ones still looking. As noted, one of these Ladz will be departing soon. The others will be advertised locally today (they have not been to date) and we are hoping to find each one of them a Very happy and friendly environment for them to grow up with.   ;)

More pix and descriptions available on request. Located in Port Alberni, but can travel...

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »

Unbelievable! Ran an ad up around town, and hit the usual Online Suspects for the same. Kijiiji and Craigslist BOTH deleted the ads, suggesting that Wolf Hybrids were either "Prohibited for sale and/or ownership" in areas of BC and/or considered "Dangerous Animals"! What a crock of Chit! I wrote both of them back demanding an explanation, and of course they haven't even bothered to reply. Talk about OVER-REACTION! I guess some fools out there still believe in the Little Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf stories their parents used to frighten them with!!  ::)

While these hybrids are obviously not for everyone, they certainly are NOT prohibited anywhere in BC. My Missuz and I have been living with and raising Wolf Hybrids for over 30 years now. We have successfully placed our pups with many many Families, a LOT with children, and a LOT with other existing pets. To date there has NEVER been an issue with any of those we have placed. In fact, the vast majority of people that welcome them into their lives have provided comments such as: Best dog we've ever had, smartest dog we've ever had, excellent with the kids, great family oriented dog, even loves the cat and so on.

For these two advertising firms to suggest what they have has Really got me going! Complete and utter nonsense being spewed by ignorant fear-mongers!
There is far greater potential for problems with an awful lot of the other breeds they do list!

I guess while it surprises me, perhaps it shouldn't. There apparently exist a whole host of people who are uninformed and choose to wear that on their sleeve to the point of ignorance.  ???

Rant Off. Still ticked, but feels a little better to offload...

Have another Local Lad coming by tonight. He's wanted one of ours for quite some time now, and will likely choose his new Companion when he visits. And yes, he has a Family, kids and all. I have no concerns regarding that type of placement whatsoever, except for anything that tries to fool with those kids one the bonding has been established!  ;)

Couple left to go now folks...

Cheers,
Nog