Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is happening there?  (Read 14630 times)

daveyjoneser

Re: What is happening there?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008, 04:06:10 AM »

It makes me sick hearing about idiots flossing,i refuse to fish sockeye on the fraser because of flossers now the vedder.wow.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Spent some time at cable run at vedder canal. HORRIFIC!
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2008, 08:38:06 AM »

While out and about last sunday doing some fishing and giving a bit of a hand cleaning up the river to do my part i decided to stop by the cable run (just down from main vedder crossing bridge) and see if i could score some chum/spring roe for my future coho trips.

I was there for aprox 30 minutes and was horrified to watch 3 fishermen foul hook there fish, which clearly jumped out of the water with the line and wool clad hook attached to the belly/tail of the fish right in front of me (i was standing on the concrete right by the ladder.  THey proceded to walk the fish down the rapids a bit away from the crowd of hulliagans/beaks and retained the foul hooked fish.  This pisses me off.  I asked one of the "fishermen" who commited the crime why he kept the foul hooked fish and he responded with "The line was wrapped around the fish" as he walked by me and of course could not look me in the eye. 

I then witnessed the same exact thing twice within a 20 minute period after this.

Not impressed at all.

I hope that you phoned the RAPP line. If I was you I would of phoned him and the others in. You would of gotten a good description when he walked right by you. We can all come on here and complaine about what we see on the river but if we do not call it in then the CO's just assume everything is fine. These calls also help them in finding the areas that have become a problem with this kind of activity. So next time you see an infraction in the regs call it in.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

luvnlife

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 09:44:33 PM »

I'm with you there... we all have a responsibility to at least report a violation if we see one. I know I want my kids, grandkids and great grandkids fishing in this region. The CO's and DFO have their hands full as it is, so let's help them when we can within reason.

It's one thing for someone to learn and be educated. But when you hear 'the line was wrapped around' and the guy won't look you in the eye, let him tell it to the officer and have him decide.

It's a shame people like that guy forget this is 'sport' fishing... if we take the goalie away in hockey or soccer is scoring a goal any fun? Intentional snagging/flossing, in my opinion is about the same thing.

Just my 2 cents.

spring_killa

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

jeff, were you fishing with roe or blade?

alamis99

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 04:22:02 PM »

i know buddy but,,,,got nothing to do with those people.....it`s totally not againt law....just do what we do......

jeff

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »

spring killa i was fishing a little piece of pink and white made into a little perfect ball
Enjoying the water..........

maverick

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »

Short floating yarn thru the right slot gets you fish all day if they are moving thru. I have fished the Vedder for years and it has always amazed me how people fish such long leaders. If you watch them you also see how many casts they make before they snag a fish. I bet short floating a good slot will out fish the ten foot leader that is cast and ripped every time.