Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is This A Good Spot To Fish?  (Read 9093 times)

buck

Re: Is This A Good Spot To Fish?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 09:35:24 PM »

Chris
I assume you didn't get any fish today. However, a much more enjoyable situation then that at Tamihi. Gong show to say the least.

bateman

• paintings of fish and nature
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »

ive never fished the tamihi due to the gong show and not about to start anytime soon. there are so many spots on the river that are free from other anglers and good fishing too. it just takes a bit of exploring every year as river changes.
paintings of fish and nature:
http://www.folkart-levin.com

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 05:01:08 PM »

i decided to fish for a little bit below from where the gong show was where i usually go steal heading.  I did walk by to see it live and damn!!!!! i would not like to fishing there! nnnnnnuuuuuuttzz!
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Preliator

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 06:30:47 PM »

I didn't know you could fish rapids like that. What kind of fish hold there, and how do you fish them?

FishOn36

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »

I didn't know you could fish rapids like that. What kind of fish hold there, and how do you fish them?

I didn't think so either till I went there a couple days ago for the first time. People were catching everything: cohos/jacks, springs, chums and whatnot. I caught my first ever coho that day in that particular area after about 4 hours or so  :D The technique for fishing that is short floating in the slower moving pools, haven't seen anyone catch anything in the rapids out in the middle.

52buick

• These pretzels are making me thirsty!!
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 10:33:54 PM »

The technique for fishing that is short floating in the slower moving pools, haven't seen anyone catch anything in the rapids out in the middle.

I knew it...it's a short floater's paradise  ::)
I doubt that there would be many 'fishermen' short floating at Tamahi.

Fishnut-sparky

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:22 AM »

I'ts so much more enjoyable to walk 2-300 meters and have some elbow room.  then you can have a pleasant conversation with the person who you may end up fishing near. Much better than spending the day being anoyed and pissed at the idiots on either side of you who seem to have no common sense at all when it comes to sharing the river and having an enjoyable day.   Better to fish, relax and have a good day than do battle with knuckle heads.