Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jones Lake  (Read 7790 times)

Nymph

Jones Lake
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has gone up to Jones Lake... I am hoping to go up there between now and early May.
Git-R-Done

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: Jones Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »

The road was majorly washed out.... not sure if it has been fixed yet.

Johnny_5

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »

dflyer

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »

I would guess that Jones would still have ice on it.  Has anyone heard?  That road going up has always been bad.

UFV_Poor_Fisher

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »

jones more than likely has ice on it still....yesterday i went up to weaver and it looked and felt like the ice had just come off...
i then tried to get up the road to jones but i though i better turn around since i was in my 2WD truck. road was pretty knarley, and i didn't even get that far up...at least another week or two i would say...everything seems to be a week behind this year on account of the longer winter...

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »

I realize the road has always been bad....
But right now there are spots that are unpassable.... when we had that huge rain event with all the slides, etc the road got washed out in 2 or 3 places by big slides from all the clear cutting from what I was told... They will need to repair it soon because of the Hydro Dam up there.

PaulE

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »

I drove up to the road last week. Gated at the bottom.

pe

steeleagle

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »

It's in the progress of being repaired, should be open in a little while.

sreeb

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 10:20:02 PM »

I tried to go up there early this winter and found the stupid gate right at the bottom. At least the gate is at the very bottom so you don't try to drive a ways in then find the gate.

ja

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »

Wonder if anyone of you regular Jones Lake fishermen can help me with the following.  How would a Subaru Forester do on the road up to Jones Lake.  Not now when it's being repaired and not just after they've levelled it, but when the road is in its most usual condition?  That is, would that vehicle be appropriate for multiple trips to the lake? Thanks in advance all  :)

skunked

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 05:18:05 AM »

seen slamed lowriders and brand new beamers drive the road depends how much u like your vehicle and how slow u want to drive :o road stays in good condition normally tell summer when people start digging rutts trying to get up the first few hills
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 05:19:55 AM by skunked »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »

Wonder if anyone of you regular Jones Lake fishermen can help me with the following.  How would a Subaru Forester do on the road up to Jones Lake.  Not now when it's being repaired and not just after they've levelled it, but when the road is in its most usual condition?  That is, would that vehicle be appropriate for multiple trips to the lake? Thanks in advance all  :)

I take mine on much worse roads. It's got the clearance for rough roads. They usually have that road in pretty good shape unless you don't have clearance.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

ja

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »

Thanks troutbreath and skunked for the feedback!

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »

No problem at all once the road is brought back to its usual condition. A Subaru Forester can take you on roads much worse than the one leading to Jones Lake. Take it slowly, though, there are some big potholes there at the best of times. The worst part of the road is the first few clicks. The farther you go, the smoother it gets.

camtheman

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »

a forester should make it no matter what the road is like