Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder and conditions?  (Read 3349 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Vedder and conditions?
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:58:31 PM »

Anyone been or seen the vedder today just wondering what kinda shape its in and what kinda shape it might be in tommorow. :-\
[

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Vedder and conditions?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 03:09:18 PM »

Well I havent seen it for awhile but its been raining a bit today, off and on rain. This morning at 6 the rain was coming down so hard it had woke me up, I took a look and bam it was coming down in thick sheets. Definitely one of the heaviest rain falls so far in Sardis. I can only assume the river isnt looking good, but then again it hasn't rained to bad today. When will it end? ???
The Bigger The Better!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »

I was there yesterday,river was very high and dirty,may be next week.tight line

fishfinder

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:40:48 PM »

I drove over the Hwy 1 bridge over the Vedder and the river was high and dirty. Save your gas money until the rain stops.
I don't mind fishing in the rain as long as the river has good visiblity, but fishing in the rain with chocolate milk water.....

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 05:24:05 PM »

Just checked it at Lickman and it presently is no good. As I reported before some of the problem is now coming from where the river is cutting through the FN land just above the Crossing.

Above this the river looked marginable when I looked at it near dark. Maybe someone else could give some info on this as well.

If the rain would hold off a bit and freezing level would lower the river could come in but be warned it is very unpredicable right now so you take your chances if you decide to come from too far away.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 08:56:33 PM »

anyone know if there are any plans in the works to shore up the southside above the crossing??

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »

anyone know if there are any plans in the works to shore up the southside above the crossing??
Have not heard anything but what I understand it is on FN land, I will have to go in for a look one day and see how bad it is.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 03:45:59 PM »

I have been back there, I haven't seen anything really bad!!  In fact didn't see anything that made me think it needed fixing!!  But then again, made I just wasn't looking in the right spot!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »

chris, have you heard of any concernes regarding major flooding above the crossing?
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 10:05:01 PM »

chris, have you heard of any concernes regarding major flooding above the crossing?
No but I heard at a meeting I was at tonight that FN is going to redirect the Chilliwack River back over to the North side. No time table for this to happen as far as I know.