Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: when steelheading, do you refish the same run/pool with a different bait?  (Read 1430 times)

norm_2

If you do, when do you do it and do you think it was worthwhile?  It is something I don't do and I am wondering if it is something I should consider.  Thanks for any information.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

I will work a run from top to bottom with one bait then go back to the top of the run and start again with something else. Since I always fish with searun he and I will use different bait that way we cover the run with 4 different things. So if he uses roe I use shrimp then we will switch to an artificial on the second pass. If I use a pink worm he will use a spinner or a jig.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

i was doing that today after a few hit and misses....paid off  because i managed to land a beauty wild hen.  sometimes change will trigger more of an aggressive response.  also with holding fish, they have a tendency to get bored of seeing the same presentation.