Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vancouver/South Bowen, April 25th 2010  (Read 744 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Vancouver/South Bowen, April 25th 2010
« on: April 25, 2010, 05:53:28 PM »

Well guys.....was talking with a couple of buddies who were plying local rivers in search of a couple of prizes....to no avail. However, the "action" has been heating up WEST of the Freshwater ho hum as of late.

I've been fishing the chuck the last couple of weeks....and results have been pretty solid. I thought I'd post this report to show just how much fun Saltwater fishing is in Vancouver...most boats out there this morning had some pretty crazy action...here's a report which says it all...NUFF SAID!!!

Had a fantastic day on the water today!!  We had lots of action with 15 salmon hitting the gear!!  The most of active day of the spring for us so far!!  We got unlucky on quite a few fish but we still ended up landing 3 legal chinook, 1 hatchery coho, 1 wild coho, and an undersize chinook.  We found most of the fish reasonably close to the Bowen Island shoreline with hootchies and anchovies as the weapons of choice.  The largest chinook of the day was just over the 2o pound mark and put up a good fight.  It was nice to see a couple coho so early in the year…hopefully signs of a good coho fishery this year.  We were not the only ones getting action..most of the other boats had good results as well.  Now is the time to get out there!    Crabbing was amazing as well, with easy limits.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:13:50 PM by Admin »
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

ssd0904

Re: Saltwater Report: Vancouver--South Bowen April 25
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »

Reallly like to hear about saltwater!!! Nice fish, too bad i dont have a boat  :-\

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Saltwater Report: Vancouver--South Bowen April 25
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 08:37:57 PM »

Reallly like to hear about saltwater!!! Nice fish, too bad i dont have a boat  :-\

If it's anything like last year, this could be a GREAT beginning to what is coming. There was even a GREY whale off Spanish Banks this morning!

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint