Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, September 28th 2009  (Read 3203 times)

camtheman

Chilliwack River, September 28th 2009
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »

i fished the mid river today using various methods bottom bouncing with 2' leader and wool landed about two dozen pinks like that maybe two or three foul hooked
i tried float fishing like everybody else was and discovered its a very easy way to snag fish so i quit that moved on to jigs and spoons and spinners and managed to land about half the pinks in the river two wild coho and a hatchery coho all released
also on my new favourite lure i landed an 8/9 pound red spring  the coho and spring and a bunch of the pinks were landed on a 7' medium action rod
i wasnt really counting on the cohos and spring on such a light rod  :D

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
Re: Chilliwack River, September 28th 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »

Was out in the lower today. Got to my spot and started casting with nobody in sight :) First cast found a underwater tree and as I retied I put on a pink lightning spoon to see if I could land a couple pinks. Second cast bang hatch coho 11 pounds which had some nice roe in her ;D proceded to fish that hole for another half hour with a few pinks to show. Walked up to the next spot to fish beside my grandfather and a guy slipped into my spot. He landed a hatch coho jack and a hatch coho about 8 pounds. That was the only action aside from pinks I saw. Kept a couple of clean pink does and now have enough roe to last a while :) water still low and clear and not a spring seen. Fun day in the sun.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

sugartooth

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:55:38 PM »

Fished mid river today landed a few pinks,lost a jack. Moved to the canal under the hwy 1 bridge. As i'm setting up my gear, a pick-up truck heading eastbound loses control and slams into the guardrail sending debris flying into the river below. Fortunatly no one was in that area. I quickly ran up to the freeway to see that everyone was ok. The truck however was a complete right off with major front end damage and half the box missing. By the noise i thought that the truck was headed threw the guardrail and into the river.

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »

fished lower down durning the morning, hooked 2 big whites let 1 go, 1 jack, too many pinks. decided to head upper, hooked 1 coho, female. hatchery, all bonked and roed for next time
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

hookme

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:50:35 PM »

I fish midriver last sunday using Rodney Special Roe cured technic and waking up early paid off
I got this 10 to 12 pound Coho doe my first Coho of the year and hope more to come  Thanks Rod

Nervo69

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 04:50:39 PM »

Nice coho!!! 10-12 pounds a good catch ;D