Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New video: Steelhead  (Read 12194 times)

GordJ

Re: New video: Steelhead
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 06:38:13 PM »

If you guys start a go fundme page I will ensure that by May 1 there will be no homeless camps on this river. It shouldn’t take more than $30 or $40 grand and I will take all responsibility for making sure that all campers and belongings are removed.

“Homeless camps should be against the law to be anywhere close to it. It's just a start of lowering our standards. What's next? ”

I guess your version of Jesus would embrace your love of your fellow man? You and Mother Teresa and Damien de  Veuster may have been separated at birth.

I will be on that river next week so I will be able to survey the extensive damage caused by the homeless and initiate the removal of the offenders, after a bit of fishing and turd removal.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:34:20 PM by GordJ »

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 08:11:15 PM »

That was my Oh Henry bar that slipped out of my hand just upstream.

Steelhead are easy peasy.
Just one cast and fish-on.

Thanks again Rod and crew.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »

If you guys start a go fundme page I will ensure that by May 1 there will be no homeless camps on this river. It shouldn’t take more than $30 or $40 grand and I will take all responsibility for making sure that all campers and belongings are removed.

“Homeless camps should be against the law to be anywhere close to it. It's just a start of lowering our standards. What's next? ”

I guess your version of Jesus would embrace your love of your fellow man? You and Mother Teresa and Damien de  Veuster May have been separated at birth.

I will be on that river next week so I will be able to survey the extensive damage caused by the homeless and initiate the removal of the offenders, after a bit of fishing and turd removal.
Must be a full moon  ;D
There is a famous limbless evangelist from Australia. He has no arms/legs but he has been an inspiration to millions & millions. Very physically handicapped even suicidal at 9-10 yrs old but.....
He decided to be a man. His story on 60 minutes tv show ...etc...
He truly surprised everyone & even Christians when he revealed what he encountered in San Francisco.
Check it out: Limbless evangelist sees demon. (Google search engine)
Gord J you remind me of the some students laughing in the classroom & suddenly the teacher comes in the room & gives out a 10 question test exam.
The wise students were prepared & the unwise got a score of 0-10. F as in fail.
Your laughing now but one day you will meet your Maker.
Why does Chris have these river clean ups? Because he knows garbage will harm the ecosystems & if attention is not brought up on the subject & info the garbage will only get worst & worst ..& what is dumped will be more toxic..demolition waste fridges tv s on & on...
As far as the homeless my point was & is there should be a major big building like the Dream Centre model in LA which I mentioned in a prior post.
Oh there's a psychiatrist Dr Richard Gallagher who was taught at Yale.
He now has a practise & is a respected doctor by his peers & patients...Dr Gallagher is also a prof. at Columbia University. He is gone on record to say he has had patients who did not have a mental illness but their problem was demonic. Since you brought up Jesus in your mocking comments allow me to tell the whole story. Battle between good & evil.
Ya come to think of it ..it resembled an Oh Henry Bar.
(Gord maybe one day you will be a believer  ;D I mean if Evel Knievel / Alice Cooper / Brian Welch Korn metal band /Barry Mayson former hell angel chapter leader & 1000s other vids I could type out...there's hope for you. )

BBarley

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »

While I completely understand your idea and commend your initiative to bring awareness to a increasing problem near urban streams, I don’t quite agree with it. The homeless problem along urban streams seems to be a NIMBY effort by communities to push people to the most convenient location. Nobody wants them loitering around business centres or the suburbs, so leave them to take up camping in the woods. Only people that will complain then is those eternally frustrated sports anglers.

It’s purely demographics that there is going to be a percentage of the population that ends up homeless due to all kinds of reasons (mental health, substance abuse, etc) It appears today that there is less and less taxpayer funded help for these people and programs that try and help are the first ones to get cut (after fisheries management of course).

Cleanups and eradication of homeless camps are bandaids, no disrespect to the people that partake in them. They don’t help the underlying problems. Case in point, the old prison grounds on the Vedder, every year that place gets destroyed by campers and every year the same good souls go up and clean that filth. Free roadside camp spots with zero services are a dream to young people looking for a bush party. Could something be done to alleviate those issues? Maybe an outhouse, waste collection bins, patrols by the regional district? Nope, same old same old, one guy destroys it and the next guy cleans it up.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure......

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 10:01:50 PM »

GordJ, do you feel a bit relieved now? There's hope for you apparently. lol...

Is this thread a case of good vs evil?

We should have a competition to see who can get A to write a longer reply.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 11:35:26 PM »

God, demon, turd, homelessness?

It's just a steelhead video. ::)

GordJ

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 07:44:18 AM »

God, demon, turd, homelessness?

It's just a steelhead video. ::)
And a darn nice one too.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 11:52:24 AM »

While I completely understand your idea and commend your initiative to bring awareness to a increasing problem near urban streams, I don’t quite agree with it. The homeless problem along urban streams seems to be a NIMBY effort by communities to push people to the most convenient location. Nobody wants them loitering around business centres or the suburbs, so leave them to take up camping in the woods. Only people that will complain then is those eternally frustrated sports anglers.

It’s purely demographics that there is going to be a percentage of the population that ends up homeless due to all kinds of reasons (mental health, substance abuse, etc) It appears today that there is less and less taxpayer funded help for these people and programs that try and help are the first ones to get cut (after fisheries management of course).

Cleanups and eradication of homeless camps are bandaids, no disrespect to the people that partake in them. They don’t help the underlying problems. Case in point, the old prison grounds on the Vedder, every year that place gets destroyed by campers and every year the same good souls go up and clean that filth. Free roadside camp spots with zero services are a dream to young people looking for a bush party. Could something be done to alleviate those issues? Maybe an outhouse, waste collection bins, patrols by the regional district? Nope, same old same old, one guy destroys it and the next guy cleans it up.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure......
well said !!! Good pts & how true.
As ya stated less tax $$ being spent on the problem so the homeless put up camps/tent cities & the people living nearby do not feel comfortable. If homeless camps were 1 block from politican's homes then action would be taken quickly.
Yes the answer is to have a big centre funded well to help out these downcast people. Address their issues. Say a big centre that could feed shelter drug rehabs ...possibly on the Essondale grounds...
Every homeless person from Vancouver to Hope could be helped.
Having camps on the river only disrespects nature / environment & with this only comes more disrespect thus more people start dumping their garbage ...
Have to get it in people's minds it's taboo to pollute Supernatural BC !!!
Ya Rod I know what to buy big fish & GordJ for Christ mas.  2 nice sticks to stir the turds.  ;D
( poo stirrers  ;D ) They get trend off subject.
Me not guilty... ::) me no understand English.
But ya this river must be respected & not lower our standards because in the next 50 yrs will we see a vid like this one ?
Let's face it development will get more & more...

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 09:14:46 PM »

Wow

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 11:43:36 PM »

Ya Rod I know what to buy big fish & GordJ for Christ mas.  2 nice sticks to stir the turds.  ;D
( poo stirrers  ;D ) They get trend off subject.

I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

Sometimes saying less, or nothing, is better.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 09:32:42 AM »

I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

Sometimes saying less, or nothing, is better.
Hint ...read my 2nd post on page 1 & just maybe you will get my "drift".

Happy Easter to Rodney big fish & GordJ.
Love God Love People & love your "enemies"

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 10:25:48 AM »

Great video Rodney, I enjoyed it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »

Hint ...read my 2nd post on page 1 & just maybe you will get my "drift".

Happy Easter to Rodney big fish & GordJ.
Love God Love People & love your "enemies"

No I have no idea what you're talking about. Me no understand English? You do realize what my background is right...?

BTW please don't keep bringing God into this. While we are all very happy to hear that you've overcome your past struggles and found something to reassure yourself, not everyone shares the same beliefs. Quite frankly it's pretty irritating to read or hear about it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 03:47:44 PM »

Great video Rodney, I enjoyed it.

Thanks! More to come from this particular project.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »

No I have no idea what you're talking about. Me no understand English? You do realize what my background is right...?

BTW please don't keep bringing God into this. While we are all very happy to hear that you've overcome your past struggles and found something to reassure yourself, not everyone shares the same beliefs. Quite frankly it's pretty irritating to read or hear about it.
As far as your background is...??? Your Chinese that is obvious.
That remark was to wonder how straight forward my first reply was on this trend was but somehow a person had to find something negative to say about it. It snowballed from there with 2 other members adding in their negativity.
As far as Christianity goes it was only brought in after GordJ brought it up in his mocking.
As the world turns....

As far as the discussion area of FWR I'll bar myself from it. 
You revealed where you stand & true to yourself.
I'm true to myself. We agree to disagree.

EDIT IN: I may ban myself from Discussion Forum but...will read topics within & view vids  ;)
Good info & contribution by many members here.  :)

EDIT IN: #2 as for all of you thinking I do not care about homeless/people ...
You are plainly assuming  ;D my friend U Me ...yep when ya assume you make an my friend out of you & me.
It's true Christians ( sincere ones in the faith ) that are behind World Vision...The 700 Club has a branch that cares for the young kids..orphanages all over the world ..( Operation Blessing ) there's other Christian groups building water wells all over the world...yes so families do not have to drink dirty water..
Gospel Missions are downtown helping shelter & feed...
My point is a big centre should be built to help all the homeless from Vancouver to Hope so no homeless camps need to exist.
If a homeless camp existed next to any FWR member ( will not mention names ) they would scream I am positive of that...that a centre be built !!!!
Lastly I give $$$ that in part also helps the homeless ...
Over $1000 yearly so ...anything else to say about bad oh me ??? Not caring ...
God bless all of you yahoos anyways  ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:10:28 AM by A-BOATER »