Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 82676 times)

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

Monday was a bit of a downer, I got to the river at 5:30, got set up, sat around for an hour till I could finally see into the water, started throwing my Colorado blade on the 3rd cast I got into a decent spring but broke it off since I'm using 8lb leader, so I bumped up to 15lb leader and hooked into another spring 7 casts later, but I set the hook too hard and didn't get a good hookset so lost him aswell, then the rest of the day involved watching coho and springs follow my colorados and spoons then pull off at he last second.

Decided I don't want to fish the river until the water gets some colour and rises a bit, besides I need some fly therapy so I'll Pester my cousin to go to the skagit or go for a weekend hike to eaton lake with the belly boats.

farky

Was able to get the first coho of the season last night,water is mint.

farky

Just a warning to everyone who fishes the river. 2 of our cars got broken into. Other guys on the river said they seen the bastards and they were in a Maroon colored car, Just keep an eye out for that car and dont leave any valubles behind.

not that it really matters as my car was hit in lickman parking lot last season but were you fishing upper or lower river ?

rickjames_2

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

farky

Thanks lol. Wasn't really awake this morning . ;)

scalper66

• here fishy fishy

Ya that was me who saw them when we popped by to look from that side of the river older maroon car white guy who looked high on crack , sorry man would have given u guys a heads up but didn't really think about what they were up too at the time! But they did like our roe two coho outta there

hookR

not that it really matters as my car was hit in lickman parking lot last season but were you fishing upper or lower river ?

upper river

hookR

But they did like our roe two coho outta there

We must have had a bad batch cuz today I hooked into 2 Ho's a jack and a spring. Oh and thanks for letting us know what color car they were driving.

LP89CG

Could see lots of fish moving into this nice hole, some big springs jumping... but sadly no takers. Tried everything. Small bits of roe, colorado's, spinners, tiny bits of wool, hot pink, peach, yellow, huge chunks of roe, small hook, 8lb fluorocarbon leader, adjusted my float depth artificial eggs. The only thing I didnt have is clear floats. fished the edge of the hole, close to shore, and everything in between...

Fished until it was just about dark but no luck

Drewhill

Could see lots of fish moving into this nice hole, some big springs jumping... but sadly no takers. Tried everything. Small bits of roe, colorado's, spinners, tiny bits of wool, hot pink, peach, yellow, huge chunks of roe, small hook, 8lb fluorocarbon leader, adjusted my float depth artificial eggs. The only thing I didnt have is clear floats. fished the edge of the hole, close to shore, and everything in between...

They totally saw your float ;)

LP89CG

They totally saw your float ;)

...knew it :'(

fic

• Old Timer

Did you try putting away the float and just cast and retrieve a small spoon or spinner?

LP89CG

Did you try putting away the float and just cast and retrieve a small spoon or spinner?

yup, tried spoons, spinners, big, small... tho I didn't seem to have a black spinner, sometimes those work as a last option.

maybe it just wasn't my day!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

yup, tried spoons, spinners, big, small... tho I didn't seem to have a black spinner, sometimes those work as a last option.

maybe it just wasn't my day!
Go watch some that are fishing the canal. ??? ::) :D

Robsrsx

I came  down  from Calgary and  was fishiing  the vedder for  3 days  with  a  few  friends  of  mine.   I  only managed  to  catch  a  few  small  rainbows  and hooked two  salmon on  roe  bags, but  they both broke  off.  Kinda  disapointed in  the  lack  of  bites or  my  lack  of  knowledge to  hook  more  but  was  still  a  good  trip overall.  I  know  the  locals  don't  like  to  share  too  much  of  their inside  info  on  where  when  and  how, but  there  was  a  kid  under  the  kw bridge  who  was  catching  them  left  and  right  and  showed  me  some  of  his  trix.  I  just  want  to  say  thanks to  him  for  helping me  out.   Freds  tackle  was also  helpful and  a  great  shop, but  the  old  lady   working there was  kinda   ::)

I  have  a  question  for  you  guys  I  was  fishing  a  pool off  osborne  road,  we were  staying  a  few  houses  down  in a  cabbin  and  moved  down  to  the  pool and   one  of  the  neighbours  was  screaming  and  yelling  at  us  to  get  off  his  property while  we  were  standing  on  the  rocks  almost  in  the  water.  How   far  does  a private  property  go  down  to  the  river,  I  told  the  guy  I'll  stand  in  the  water  and  he  was  still  screaming  his  head  off, that its  still  his  land,   isn't  the  river crown  land????????????????????????????????????
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15