Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This How The Scale Bar Looked On Opening Day, August 13, 2011  (Read 9979 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: This How The Scale Bar Looked On Opening Day, August 13, 2011
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »

Chris were you driving while shooting the second video????
Video camera mounted like in police cars. ;D ;D ;D

bcguy

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »

You should have been there today, was even worse. Its great when someone dishes out exact directions to a spot. Don't get me wrong, access is for everyone but people need to realise that you are not just sharing info with the few contributing active members on these sites but the mass of lurkers who contribute little IMO.

I hope you're jesting  ;D,  Scale bar, really?? Shoot thats like talking about Peg leg  ;D

As far as the people at Scale in the vid, thats nothing compared to last year on Scale, guys up to their chests, no life vests, some with no belts. Shoulder to shoulder, nope, wading into the Fraser up there is not my cup of tea.

Was over at Elmo Rd Saturday, very minimal bar showing, and maybe 6 fish taken through out the day., with 2 or 3 being springs.
Somewhat disappointing results for sure, so lets hope for a few more days on the opening, and a few more fish showing up.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »

You should have been there today, was even worse. Its great when someone dishes out exact directions to a spot. Don't get me wrong, access is for everyone but people need to realise that you are not just sharing info with the few contributing active members on these sites but the mass of lurkers who contribute little IMO.

Yeah, I was at the squamish the other day and there was a bunch of people...kind of weird, usually I fish alone there. Are there people bouncing yet? that'll just kill me.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »

oops i must've misunderstood what he was referring to.

You've got a point about the directions thing, but with enough digging people can easily find directions to the more popular spots on at least two sites that I know about.

I went to scope out St mo's and laidlaw today and a few other spots i won't name out of respect for the guys fishing there...not too many fish caught, water too high, but there wasn't hundreds of people which was nice to see...considering it was sunday...

valleydude

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »

read on another forum about groups of boats knock'em in this area,woulded be braggin about it,not that people need a reason to fill their freezers,still don't get the sportfishing part of that even those that take their 2 and leave.  befriend a FN ,cheaper to buy

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »

Rosedale-Aggasiz bridge bar was productive too, not too many people and lots of room on the rocks to fish off of if you want to be alone

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »

Yeah, I was at the squamish the other day and there was a bunch of people...kind of weird, usually I fish alone there. Are there people bouncing yet? that'll just kill me.

Yes, there are people bottom bouncing for pinks in the squamish. lol

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »

See simple answer for the not so nice posters ! Bentley you should be happy i don't floss,I went to the Vedder instead to do some scouting:) As for being a nutjob aren't we all :)

anorden

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »

Active members should consider using the 'fishing reports' section which has restricted access. You can only see the reports section after making 50 posts on the website.

But yes agree that lurkers do not add any value to this site or to the fishing community in general if they are just trying to extract proprietary information without passing anything back.

Z71

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »

HAHAHA!!!...I saw my truck...now I'm famous!!!... 8)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »

read on another forum about groups of boats knock'em in this area,woulded be braggin about it,not that people need a reason to fill their freezers,still don't get the sportfishing part of that even those that take their 2 and leave.  befriend a FN ,cheaper to buy

That would be illegal. Why would you encourage others to break the law??
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

valleydude

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »

sorry,wasnt promoting that,just feel the gong show for some fish to keep seems to take any enjoyment out of it for people just looking to enjoy sometime on the river,u can purchase fish other ways at a lot less than it costs to do whats happening now,thanks for the ear

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »

40 or 50 clams for gas to drive out there and back from East Van, it's like $15 to $20 a fish to buy one right now. Not exactly worth it.

valleydude

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

unsure if you are agreeing or not,sounds like its a saw off to me,i guess if you dont work,can justify it

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »

Just saying unless I was going past there to do something else I wouldn't bother making the trip. It's not exactly a relaxing way to spend the day IMO.