Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: up in flames  (Read 4463 times)

one more cast

Re: up in flames
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »

I recognize that bear at your table.   Its the same one that ate all the apples off my trees this summer and left us with giant scats .   Smoke him if you can fit him a smoker.   You'll  need a smoker the size of a sauna.     We had smoked bear sausage this summer and it was real good.    Must have been the apples he ate in the previous summers.

;D ;D ;D ;D

spoiler

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »

best smoker I ever had was an old freezer stood on end with the metal divider at the bottom. I gutted out all of the plastic liners and insulation and mounted five racks and a chimmey out the top. i used an electric hot plate and an old cast iron fry pan for the smoke and heat generation. I made my own chips with a chainsaw and green Alder logs. I produced some of the best smoked fish with this rig and you could do at least ten average sized Coho at a time.
With a little creativity and scrounging at garage sales etc this set up can be relativley inexpensive. It's amazing what can be done when you have little or no money to work with.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »

Better yet is an old apartment size fridge with metal lining so you can leave the insulation in.They are hard to find but are still around.The most obvious for a smoker would be an old stove/oven .But I have never heard of or seen one used  ???  Every smoker made of wood that I've known of ended up the same way.....ashes.
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »

One is Kingston or whoever that charcoal briquette brand is. It's the electric one. I can't remember the charcoal ones name.

http://biancaamorsliquidationsupercentre.com/

I'd give them a call if your coming from North Van to make sure they still have them in stock. You can get the name of them from them too. I haven't tried the electric one yet but the charcoal one I use at my cabin. Cooks eerything as well as smokes stuff too.

I popped in there yesterday as i was in surrey, no electric ones left but some coming in soon so im on the wait list, nice smoker for the price much better set up than the little chief  almost looks like a Bradley