Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HoW Far WouLd YOU gO To LAnD a SteELiE?!?!?!  (Read 7261 times)

HoW Far WouLd YOU gO To LAnD a SteELiE?!?!?!
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »

Just wondering what you would risk to land a steelie, while out on the weekend i saw this, have you ever chased a steelie like that before? and in the end this guy lost it....... so all for nothing

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:35:44 AM by 420247 »
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: HoW Far WouLd YOU gO To LAnD a SteELiE?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:53:02 AM »

tHe GUy is NuTS. It'S onLY a fISH.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:04:15 PM »

FeLiX fLyFiShEr HaS bEeN kNoWn To WaDe ThRoUgH rEdIcUlOuS cUrReNtS jUsT tO fIsH a HoLe. BuT yOu WoNt SeE mE rIsKiNg My LiFe JuSt To HoOk A fIsH.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »

I wish searun was on here he has a great story about how he pulled a guy out of the river. This guy was floating down the middle of the river in the middle of winter while fighting a fish. If searun was not there this guy would of ceratnly drowned as he was coming into a really deep hole. It all started when this guy was chasing the fish down river and he took the risk and slipped. His only concern was to land the fish. No concern for his on safty or that of others. Pretty sad.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 01:34:49 PM »

yea its just KRAZY what some people will do. i mean ya its a steelhead but do you wanna take the chance of dieing over that 1 steelie and never getting to fight one again?!?! and if you do somthing like that over a fish take a fall you are now putting someone elses life on the line because they gotta do something to save you from your own stupidity....... i figured some of u would get a kick outta this guy

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 02:16:19 PM »

I did it on a steelhead lastyear on the chehalis. Hooked him and he took off, had hip waders on, so i followed as far as i could, then pulled the cord on my life vest to fill up and just kept goin. Finally landed the 13lb beuty, was really cold and wet, but alive, landed and released a really nice fish, and had the most fun/fear in my entire life!   

You do stupid things when ur young, some work out like this one but some dont, like when i broke my leg doin somthing really stupid!
Fish killer 101

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »

I dont get a kick out of this guy. I think he is a tool.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »

TOP ROD

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 02:28:20 PM »

I'm not as lucky as all u guys here. I dont fish alot, like 20 times a year, not 20 times for steelies + all the times u get out for trout and salmon. I am as hardcore as i want to be. I do what it takes to land a fish if i think i could do it. I new the vest was gonna keep me afloat and i had alot of clear slow runs down river. Do u know how it feels to hear everyone talk about how they got out, forget them hooking fish. I love fishing, its not a hobby for someone like me who makes it their life. I dont appreciate u making BS comments about me when u dont know what it feels to not be able to get out, to the one sport that u can honestly say u will love for ever. And yes on a steelhead i would probably make the same choice again that i did then, if the same circumstances came up. No not on any fish, but on a fish with the power and majesticness of a steelhead i would. If u wouldn't do it then dont try it. I know i am a loonatic in alot of peoples eyes, good, what is it to me if i dont know u or i dont respect u. Thats all i'm asking for, respect, for the choices i make the stories i tell, and the oppinions i give.
Fish killer 101

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 03:14:13 PM »

Youngun respect is earned. You have not earned any respect on this forum. One day you are apologizing and the next day you are talking out you a@@.. If you take a chance like that you are a tool simply put. You dont value your life and if a fish is more important than your life than I feel sorry for you. A life jacket is not always going to save your life.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »

1) I under stand that, but i also took into play that i was on the lower and had clear runs, and i have got my lifegaurd lisence.

2) It's pretty hard for a kid like me to earn respect from u guys when u are for one alot older than me, two i haven't seen u guys on the flow, three it cant be earned over a few days it takes a long time(and not over the interent)

3) I apologized cus i was trully sorry, and i did cut down on the BS that i said, i know i haven't completely enialated it but for the most part my posts aren't as bad as before.

Now can we drop this subject and go back to the one that the post was intended for.
Fish killer 101

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 03:38:41 PM »

haveing your lifeguard license doesnt mean anything..... strong swimmers die 2....... just cuz its low clear water down below u doesnt mean itsa good idea,, what if u get swept off ur feet and wack ur head on the bottom, then how u gonna swim........

STOP hijacking my threads younggun

Ribwart

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »

Everyone has their own comfort zone with regards to what they are willing to do to land a fish. Many people find as they get older, that by experience alone they have felt the consequences of bad decisions in their life, and thus begin to consider the consequences of their decisions more carefully as each instance presents itself. Having children, a spouse, family members or whoever, that depend on and care about you contributes to this maturation with regards to comfort zone. Sometimes the consequences when acquiring the experience that leads to this maturation are too high, and those who take too great a risk end up handicapped, permanently incapacitated physically, endangering others, or even dead. We all make our own decisions, some wise, some not so wise, but they are our own. For anyone still in the stage of learning that there are consequences to our actions, hopefully you will gain the experience to attain that realization without suffering the consequences of taking risks that are too great. 

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »

Everyone has their own comfort zone with regards to what they are willing to do to land a fish. Many people find as they get older, that by experience alone they have felt the consequences of bad decisions in their life, and thus begin to consider the consequences of their decisions more carefully as each instance presents itself. Having children, a spouse, family members or whoever, that depend on and care about you contributes to this maturation with regards to comfort zone. Sometimes the consequences when acquiring the experience that leads to this maturation are too high, and those who take too great a risk end up handicapped, permanently incapacitated physically, endangering others, or even dead. We all make our own decisions, some wise, some not so wise, but they are our own. For anyone still in the stage of learning that there are consequences to our actions, hopefully you will gain the experience to attain that realization without suffering the consequences of taking risks that are too great. 

Well put. No matter what our elder's say we still have to learn on our own. Haven't you ever smelt the milk when your mom tells you it's gone bad? ;) And calling someone an idiot doesn't really have any affect.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »

Thank u rib, for putting it that way. Dion thanks for understanding some what. Atleast i didn't get bashed u two.
Fish killer 101