Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E-license  (Read 4670 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
E-license
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »

Well I have herd the other day that next year the only license you will be able to get will be a E-license. I already do mine from home but you have to have a credit card. I do not expect that all the tackle shops will be able to bring in computer stations so if you can not buy one from home or a tackle shop you will have to go to a government agents office and there is very few of them around. I know there is one in New west and one in Maple Ridge and there is probable one in the Valley. So talk to your shop to find out if they will have computer access for licensing come the new year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:09:01 AM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: E-license
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:03:49 AM »

thats kind of dumb if you ask me. I mean when i go into buy my licence i end up buying other stuff also. I also like chit chatting with the people in the shop while they are filling out my licence LOL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:14:02 AM »

Do you think the Government gives a rats rectum about the potential lose of income from a tackle shop. The answer is No. They also do not care that you can print off as many licenses as you want at no cost. At least they would have a record with hard copies of when someone lost their license. I think it is a big mistake especially when there are very few government agents offices, but hey that is government for you

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »

Here is my question then: Why aren't they raising the age for a license to 19? That is the age at which you can get a credit card.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

Here is my question then: Why aren't they raising the age for a license to 19? That is the age at which you can get a credit card.

Heck if a dog can get a credit card you should be able to get one before 19 years of age.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »

thats a very good point Dion. I guess people between 16-19yrs old will have to ask their parents to pay for their licence  ::) what about people that dont have credit cards because they either cant get one or refuse to get one.(took me 2yrs to convince my g/f to get one to establish some credit, but she hardly uses it)
Check out our new blog

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

did i read that we can make as many copies FREE of charge!!!!!!! wow guess we are going to have loads of people using copies of one persons licence next year  >:( >:( because we all know that will happen. I mean people dont bother to follow reg's now. Right now we pay a replacement cost if we lose our licence ($10 i think) so why would they not do that with the E-licence???
Check out our new blog

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 10:57:59 AM »

plus around $10 for ever tag that needs to be replaced.

The shops that will have computer access I am sure you will be able to purchase your lisence with cash or debit and the government agents office you will be for sure. But remember that when a shop uses their business credit card they get charged a fee that will come out of their pockets.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

if thats the case then why would a shop do that. I mean thats counter productive isnt it? or are we going to get charged more for not being able to do it online  :-\
Check out our new blog

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »

The Internet is the future-Welcome To The Future

The simple fact is that it's cheaper and easier for the Govt to administer licensing on line.

No more printing off warehouses full of special paper and shipping all that paper all over hell's half acre, it's all click, click, click.

Everyone knows someone with a credit card just like everyone knows someone with a computer.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »

yes i know its "the future" Sam. its still going to be a pain for some people. I mean we have 2 laptops here at home but no printer  ::) so i guess i will need to buy one boxing day LOL

how do the tags work now? or do we have to buy special sticker paper to print them out LOL

will our licences be cheaper now.............doubt it
Check out our new blog

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »

Price will be the same( unless they increase for some reason). As for how the stamps work, well they are no longer stamps. There is an area on the license on the left hand side where it just simple says , salmon surcharge or steelhead surcharge. Now if you buy just your license and wait to buy your tags you can go back into the system and add them later but everytime you do you will have to print off a new license. I never buy all my tags at once and usually buy my steelhead one at a later date so this means that when I do get my steelhead tag added I print off a new license and replace the old one with this one but if I retained any chinook the new license will not have that recorded unless I fill that in by hand, which of course I would do but not all will.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »

how do the tags work now? or do we have to buy special sticker paper to print them out LOL

http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/docs/tutorial_for_anglers.pdf

1-877-855-3222
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Pacific Time

Email: frontcounterbc@gov.bc.ca

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »

you just brought up another good point about these licences FlyGuy, can you imagine how many guys will just print a new one after getting their 10 springs OR their 10steelhead for that matter !!!! now thats a disgusting thought to say the least  >:(
Check out our new blog

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 01:15:42 PM »

you just brought up another good point about these licences FlyGuy, can you imagine how many guys will just print a new one after getting their 10 springs OR their 10steelhead for that matter !!!! now thats a disgusting thought to say the least  >:(

Samething can be done with old system.