Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swimming With The Fish, Vedder Jan. 26 Report  (Read 3159 times)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: Swimming With The Fish, Vedder Jan. 26 Report
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 12:19:45 PM »

good to see your ok chris. how cold was the water! :o :o. bbbrrrr.

like  4 or 5 summers ago, my dad and i fished a secret run on the vedder for red springs. he ended up hooking one about 30lb.s but it zoomed down river, under a tree crossing the river and it came off. so we were walking back, and i was a little younger so my dad carried me over this small ankle deep stretch of water, and he was wearing running shoes which doesnt make a good match for the slippery bottom. so then he says the kiss of death ::) : "Your lucky I have good footing". BAM next step and we fall in. o crap he ruins his cell phone, wallet with money is all wet, sage rod lost into the drink. so being that we are completely soaked, he swims down to the small pool below us and brings out his rod. tip broken, but lucky it was a sage with the warranty ::).

so yes, in the summer, the water is nice and refreshing.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 04:33:51 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your trip Chris!!  But it happens to the best of us, as searun knows!!  He didn't fall in the water last week, but after hooking his fish, he went to sit down on a log, and went over backwards, with feet in the air!!  I'm still chuckling about it know!! ;D ;D  I am sure though, that you will continue to produce some wilds for the Brood stock program.  I alsp hope that your knee is feeling better today.  :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

dboy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 06:17:18 PM »

Good report chris and nice to meet you..

I've been reading your reports for awhile....  I have to admit, I had assumed you one of the top rods on the Vedder.  Never thought that I would meet you face planted in the river, lol  ;D ;D ;D.  I guess everyone has their bad days.....

Seriously though, nasty spill, I am glad you were able to keep your head protectected and get up before getting completely soaked.

Thanks for the tips as well, good day on the river, nice day too....

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »

I wasint fighting a fish when went down I was going to untangle line and as doing so triped over a rock in the water and got soaked. was not a very pleasent feeling  ::) nice report.
small fish in a big river