Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game 5 Nuks 'n' Stars  (Read 9357 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Game 5 Nuks 'n' Stars
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

I really think the nucks are in trouble now. If you want to win the cup you need to have the killer instinct, when you have a chance to take a team out you have to do it. Now we go back to Dallas with them having the momentum, they have a real serious chance to tie the series.

When you watch the nucks so far in the playoff its more hoping there going to do something instead of knowing there going to do something. Take the bull by the horns! :-\

I have to agree with you 100%. Although I do think that if the canucks can get passed the stars they could likely be in for a long run. All the remaining teams are very offensive minded, and the canucks have the skill and the mindset to compleatly shut them down.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »

^ LOL, UR COMMENT MADE ME LOL ! LMAO !

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »

HAHA, Calgary hasn't had the lead in the series yet have they?

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »

I really think the nucks are in trouble now. If you want to win the cup you need to have the killer instinct, when you have a chance to take a team out you have to do it. Now we go back to Dallas with them having the momentum, they have a real serious chance to tie the series.

When you watch the nucks so far in the playoff its more hoping there going to do something instead of knowing there going to do something. Take the bull by the horns! :-\

Have you ever played competitive sports where you play the best of seven?   The fourth win is BY FAR the hardest to come by especially in your own barn.....there is way more pressure to please the home town fans.  God, it's not like the Nuks got blown out here...the game could have gone either way....so relax, man.

Dallas will now face the overwhelming pressure at home now, especially win fans and media who have criticized the hell out of them.  The Nuks can play the same game they played down there in Game 4 and capitalize on the Stars mistakes. 

Have some confidence in the team and quit jumpin' on and off the bandwagon.   At the beginning of this series did you really expect Vancouver to take it in five?   Most analysts figured seven because the teams match up so closely.  Vancouver hasn't lost three in a row since November....I can't see it happening now. Not with the way Luongo is playing. Turco is standing on his ear right now...so ya it's going to be tough but the Canucks are very capable and they are still a very confident team even though you seem to have lost faith in them.  Personally for me,  I know they are GOING to do something.... and that's WIN.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »

Good post Mastercaster.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »

Have you ever played competitive sports where you play the best of seven?   The fourth win is BY FAR the hardest to come by especially in your own barn.....there is way more pressure to please the home town fans.  God, it's not like the Nuks got blown out here...the game could have gone either way....so relax, man.

Dallas will now face the overwhelming pressure at home now, especially win fans and media who have criticized the hell out of them.  The Nuks can play the same game they played down there in Game 4 and capitalize on the Stars mistakes. 

Have some confidence in the team and quit jumpin' on and off the bandwagon.   At the beginning of this series did you really expect Vancouver to take it in five?   Most analysts figured seven because the teams match up so closely.  Vancouver hasn't lost three in a row since November....I can't see it happening now. Not with the way Luongo is playing. Turco is standing on his ear right now...so ya it's going to be tough but the Canucks are very capable and they are still a very confident team even though you seem to have lost faith in them.  Personally for me,  I know they are GOING to do something.... and that's WIN.

well put
weeeeeeeeeow!

Lumps

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 09:12:44 PM »

I played the WHL, it was a little competitive. Now from talking to some friends that are still in pursuit of the cup, and my own experiences I was stating that you need to finish off a team when you get the chance.

Your right, fall back on the 7 game series, when you could be resting right now. If you have played competitive sports you should know that when you’re down in a series and on the brink of elimination there is no pressure, it’s one game at a time. So I really don’t think Dallas is nervous at all.

Nucks have not lost 3 in a row since November, that was regular season, the past. Playoff’s are a different season, ask Atlanta when was the last time they lost 4 straight?

Sure the Canuck’s can do it’s they just made it a lot harder, that’s all I was saying. I’m not a Canucks fan, I’m a fan of the sport, so there is no bandwagon to fall off. Just speaking from experiences in competitive sports.

Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 09:59:58 PM »

I played the WHL, it was a little competitive. Now from talking to some friends that are still in pursuit of the cup, and my own experiences I was stating that you need to finish off a team when you get the chance.

Your right, fall back on the 7 game series, when you could be resting right now. If you have played competitive sports you should know that when you’re down in a series and on the brink of elimination there is no pressure, it’s one game at a time. So I really don’t think Dallas is nervous at all.

Nucks have not lost 3 in a row since November, that was regular season, the past. Playoff’s are a different season, ask Atlanta when was the last time they lost 4 straight?

Sure the Canuck’s can do it’s they just made it a lot harder, that’s all I was saying. I’m not a Canucks fan, I’m a fan of the sport, so there is no bandwagon to fall off. Just speaking from experiences in competitive sports.

You're making it sound like Dallas has nothing to lose so they can play it all loosey goosey....Dallas has everything to prove to their fans and the media down there because of their poor post season play of the past.  Are you telling me they aren't feeling the pressure?? 

BTY, of course Atlanta wouldn't have lost four in a row during the season......they would have met either Philly, Wash. or Florida every third game.   Teams in the west didn't have that luxury. 

Now that we know you're not a Canucks fan, who is your team??   And how are they doing?

Lumps

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

You're making it sound like Dallas has nothing to lose so they can play it all loosey goosey....Dallas has everything to prove to their fans and the media down there because of their poor post season play of the past.  Are you telling me they aren't feeling the pressure?? 

BTY, of course Atlanta wouldn't have lost four in a row during the season......they would have met either Philly, Wash. or Florida every third game.   Teams in the west didn't have that luxury. 

Now that we know you're not a Canucks fan, who is your team??   And how are they doing?

Dallas has a Stanley Cup, so they have had some success in the post season, come on man. Ya the West is tough I agree, my point wasn't that they lost 4 straight in the regular season, it's that it's the playoff's and they just lost 4 straight now. Like I said I'm a fan of the sport, but I do follow the Duck's and guess what, most of them are up in LA tonight partying cause they have tomorrow off. That was suppose to be a long series to, but they got it done in 5 against the Wild, Killer instinct.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »

Dallas has a cup but not with this group of players. Its like saying Toronto has won a cup....LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Lumps

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 10:51:55 PM »

I agree, but they have one.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »

That was eight years ago with Balfour in net.....since Turco's been there their record sucks.... but since they've won the cup before. the fans and the media have been on their case every year when they've had very poor showings, especially in the years where they've won their division going away.  Case in point....last year (112 pts.)!  Colorado destroyed them (again).

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 11:35:30 PM »

I agree, but they have one.

So do allot of other teams. My second favorite team are the Flyers, they have two cups. Also came into the league in 1967 just like the Minnesota North Stars. What does this have to do with this year? Nothing

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Lumps

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 02:24:30 AM »

All I'm saying is when your down in the best of 7 and 1 more loss and your out, you play a game at a time, pressures off, everyone expects you to lose. So when you go to Vancouver 3-1 and you win a hard fought game 1-0 in OT, and now you go back home with a chance to tie the series. Then it's a 1 game series and I think Dallas has the advantage.

My orginal point way back was when you have a team down and a strangle hold on them, you need to find a way to finish them off, all great teams do this. I don't think the Nucks are there yet, the only guy stepping up is Luongo, who else has stepped up and taken the game in there own hands besides Luongo?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:26:34 AM by Lumps »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 03:05:57 AM »

The Canucks just werent the better team on the ice last game. Tonight could be totally different. The Canucks could be on the attack after realizing they are letting this slip out of their grasp. I anticipate the Canucks coming out with guns blazing tonight. Hopefully they seperate the Sedins and Naslund and put Pyatt back on with the Sedins. Sedins and Naslund have done nothing together in the past 3 games. Its time to put the original line back together and have 2 lines of scoring potential back out there. Sedins need that big winger. They dont need a soft guy like Naslund. They need a guy willing to crash the net and take the beatings infront of the net. Thats why Pyatt has done so well, hes a big guy.

Belong to the "4 F Club"