Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taking my new lami for a test drive April 19th, 2007  (Read 1504 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Taking my new lami for a test drive April 19th, 2007
« on: April 19, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »

I just finished one of my new lamiglas blanks and I have been dieing to try it out for a week now.  Decided to take a little trip this afternoon to do just that. 

It casted great!  I was really happy with the way the rod looked and handled...its going to slay some springs in the not to distant future. 

Anyhow I was just out with no real expectations so when my float started waffling in the current at the end of the tail out, I simply raised the rod tip and reeled in.  I felt a little resistance and then it popped out...kinda like the weight was lightly wedged in the rocks.  When I got the float in, I could see my bait was absolutley gone so I bated up and hucked 'er back out.  Same spot, the float start to waggle back in forth in the current so I lightly lift the rod tip (thinking I am picking my weight of the bottom).  I didn't feel anything immidiately so I was going to back the float down the run but before I could release the center pin I felt 4 big head shakes!  I don't know if he had it the whole time or picked it up as it lifted off the bottom but sure enuff, there it was at the end of my line.  Man the rod loaded up nicely with this 10-11lb hatchery buck!  Not to shabby considering I was just out for a few casts!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:10:05 PM by Rodney »

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Taking my new lami for a test drive.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:30:29 PM »

Was the buck still nice and clean? Did you keep it? My buddy got his first steelhead ever yesterday on some of my amazing steelhead roe. Best part is, is the fihs paid for the bait we used with roe of its own.

AMAZING ROE pfffffffffffffff you havent seen real stuff

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 07:15:46 AM »

dude all natural, is the way to go!  8) So simple, just add borax! For salmon thats a different ball game!
Fish killer 101

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

This fish took natural coloured boraxed steelhead roe but all my other fish this year came on double red hot spring roe.

In terms of your question birdie...I released him to spawn.

gofish

• doh!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »

nicely done young Geoff!   ;)   Close to home?
get off the couch