Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: Stamp Steelhead trip Dec27/28.  (Read 11519 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Stamp Steelhead trip Dec27/28.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »

I think it's appropriate now to put this cartoon up again.

I'm not sick of the topic, I just let Dion deal with the mess. ;)

It's the same predictable pattern each year so there's no need to lose any sleep over it. Winter steelhead fishing slow, finger pointing starts, flossing this, snagging that, hot spotting when water level low, no that's a rainbow trout not a cutthroat trout, flyfishing? No, you're flossing. Your rod is too light, you're killing the fish. That setup is too heavy, where is the sport in that?

Then steelhead fishing picks up, everybody happy, out fishing, but shh, don't post let the words out. Where are the reports? This forum is not like the way it used to be, I'm out of here. Someone posts a report, too many photos, show off, what a hero, what happened to the good ol' days? The "I'm out of here" guy is back, "Where were you fishing?", Find your own spot! Do some exploring for once.

Spring arrives, steelhead fishing slows down. Guy catches catchable rainbow trout, posts reports, happy about first ever trout. Hey! Those lakes should be limited to kids. Why are you taking pictures of farmed fish? You know what's going to happen now right? The lake is going to be packed tomorrow and in no time it'll be empty by all the poachers, who are lurking on the net to find fish, unlike me.

Interior lake season starts. Everybody catches big feisty trout. Happy people, out fishing, no time to post reports, quiet forum. Hey, this forum is dead, this is pathetic, that's what happens when people bash others' reports.

Fraser River salmon season starts, chinook estimates out. Sockeye projection begins. Where are all the fish?? They're netting 24/7, no wonder there are no fish. They're out flossing, no wonder there are no fish. Barfishing? Only those elitists do that, they're so hypocritical because they're also killing the same fish. Flossers, they're just out for the meat unlike us.

Sockeye season opens, oh great, now everyone who's not in for the fishing will be out, I have to stand even higher to look down now. Sockeye season closes, my dog can manage these fish better than DFO scientists. Why are they netting?? Isn't the stock endangered?

Chilliwack River fall salmon season starts. Sockeye talk stops. Did you see what that guy did today?? I yelled at this guy today and he gave me this hand gesture in return. That guy limited out today on coho, he's gotta be flossing. No, it's not flossing, it's snagging. He's a snagger. Yeah, he's a poacher.

Coho season ends, I can't believe how pathetic the fishing is this year.

November/early December, so how about those Fraser sockeyes this year eh? Did you know my dog can manage those fish better than DFO scientists? Pathetic.

Stamp steelhead season starts, ya, those flossers, I can't believe how downhill this river has gone now.

Anyway, carry on. ;) If this is what you do for entertainment, I hate to see when you have a bad day. ;D

It is so tough to be a fisherman in BC lol...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »

I've seen that film before. :-X

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Re: Stamp Steelhead trip Dec27/28.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »

Ya, then I get a bad rap for deleting or editing peoples posts, because they take it way to personal. Not that I mind, because it just means less people approach me while fishing. :D

Still waiting on that Islander you promised for making your life so much easier. LOL

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »

I think it's appropriate now to put this cartoon up again.

It's the same predictable pattern each year so there's no need to lose any sleep over it. Winter steelhead fishing slow, finger pointing starts, flossing this, snagging that, hot spotting when water level low, no that's a rainbow trout not a cutthroat trout, flyfishing? No, you're flossing. Your rod is too light, you're killing the fish. That setup is too heavy, where is the sport in that?

Then steelhead fishing picks up, everybody happy, out fishing, but shh, don't post let the words out. Where are the reports? This forum is not like the way it used to be, I'm out of here. Someone posts a report, too many photos, show off, what a hero, what happened to the good ol' days? The "I'm out of here" guy is back, "Where were you fishing?", Find your own spot! Do some exploring for once.

Spring arrives, steelhead fishing slows down. Guy catches catchable rainbow trout, posts reports, happy about first ever trout. Hey! Those lakes should be limited to kids. Why are you taking pictures of farmed fish? You know what's going to happen now right? The lake is going to be packed tomorrow and in no time it'll be empty by all the poachers, who are lurking on the net to find fish, unlike me.

Interior lake season starts. Everybody catches big feisty trout. Happy people, out fishing, no time to post reports, quiet forum. Hey, this forum is dead, this is pathetic, that's what happens when people bash others' reports.

Fraser River salmon season starts, chinook estimates out. Sockeye projection begins. Where are all the fish?? They're netting 24/7, no wonder there are no fish. They're out flossing, no wonder there are no fish. Barfishing? Only those elitists do that, they're so hypocritical because they're also killing the same fish. Flossers, they're just out for the meat unlike us.

Sockeye season opens, oh great, now everyone who's not in for the fishing will be out, I have to stand even higher to look down now. Sockeye season closes, my dog can manage these fish better than DFO scientists. Why are they netting?? Isn't the stock endangered?

Chilliwack River fall salmon season starts. Sockeye talk stops. Did you see what that guy did today?? I yelled at this guy today and he gave me this hand gesture in return. That guy limited out today on coho, he's gotta be flossing. No, it's not flossing, it's snagging. He's a snagger. Yeah, he's a poacher.

Coho season ends, I can't believe how pathetic the fishing is this year.

November/early December, so how about those Fraser sockeyes this year eh? Did you know my dog can manage those fish better than DFO scientists? Pathetic.

Stamp steelhead season starts, ya, those flossers, I can't believe how downhill this river has gone now.

Anyway, carry on. ;) If this is what you do for entertainment, I hate to see when you have a bad day. ;D

It is so tough to be a fisherman in BC lol...
LMAO Rodney that's an awesome summary of a LOT of the content on this site. As a newb I've spent a fair amount of time trolling through the archives trying to glean some info for next years Salmon season so I don't have to ask as many dumb my friend questions next year. There is certainly a large amount of repetition, and if there wasn't also so much GREAT content too I would have been off a long time ago. New fishers like myself are much more easily guided which a friendly word than all the macho BS and flaming that goes on. Keep up the good work and Happy New Year,
Nick

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »

its pure jealousy  :P

you "park siders" are jealous of us "airport siders", we out fish you 10:1  ;D

I've never seen a fish flossed or snagged at falls pool the times I've been there.

but, it is my favourite spot to BB.

jeff

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »

The worst part about Rods post is that he is spot on, as I was reading it I could remember reading all the posts about the things he was referring too. Oh well I guess...........
Enjoying the water..........

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »

Hey Rod you forgot to mention in your post how every year during the Winter some on this forum's members are always picking on the Maple Leafs and are saying bad things about them, not nice either. ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »

Hey Rod you forgot to mention in your post how every year during the Winter some on this forum's members are always picking on the Maple Leafs and are saying bad things about them, not nice either. ;D ;D

and they lost again....This time to the struggling Oilers......

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

:-X :-X

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Re: Stamp Steelhead trip Dec27/28.
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »

Rodney doesn't even know about that. I moderate that forum. LOL I try not to let my bias show, but what can I say?.......LEAFS SUCK!!!

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »

Rodney doesn't even know about that. I moderate that forum. LOL I try not to let my bias show, but what can I say?.......LEAFS SUCK!!!
You must be a Calgary fan, Flamer!! hahaha just kidding  :P
Never been a big fan of the Leafs. We got an ex-Leafer in the Canucks, why not cheer for them or just that one player?  :D
There we have it, a change in subject. we're gona need our own thread on the Leafs now  :-X
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »

Now this thread has really gone in the crapper! I'm outta here :P
Riverman

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 09:19:33 AM »

Now this thread has really gone in the crapper! I'm outta here :P
Rodney started it. ;D ;D I'm out of here too, going fishing. Happy New Year all.

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 09:41:07 AM »

Good luck out there, greasy lines  :D
Wish I lived right by the river  :-[
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

jeff

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »

Too funny ;D
Enjoying the water..........