Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone been to the Chehalis at all?  (Read 8020 times)

Pin-nook

Re: Has anyone been to the Chehalis at all?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »

The Chehalis River is pretty close to the Washington/Oregon border, drove over it a couple months ago just before reaching the Columbia River mouth. ;D ;)

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »

people dont want to give out such info on this forum. this post has only 10 post yet 320 views.

I think the problem is that some aren't using the Reports Section of this website for what its intended for.  I meet alot of people on the river and one of the questions I ask is whether they participate on a fishing forum.  Many say they don't post but they only lurk for info on where to go etc..   Rod has set up the reports section so that only people with a minimum number of posts are allowed to particpate.  Not to say that there are any secrets to any of the rivers that are mentioned but when a question like the one the OP posted is asked, how do you think people are going to respond?

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »

That's OK.

I was a bit miffed that you took it out on Strat as he sure is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on this forum, who is always willing to chip in his 2 cents worth.  Forgive him (or me or anyone else) for being a bit cranky on any given day. We are human beings after all, and this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a Q&A's website. Hey, even i have been at the receiving end of the guitar man when he didn't like what I said. It is OK to let our emotions seep into the discussion, as it adds to the dynamics of the thread, and as long as it doesn't cross the line of what is acceptable (which I don't think happened in this particular case), it's all good.

There is an unpleasant side to the real world out there beyond the boundaries of the Internet, and there is no harm in fishyfish or anyone else experiencing a bit of it every now and then.  A cranky old Stratocaster who'd rather be fishing than working is sure not the most pleasant thing to show up on your screen, but hey, it could be much worse - it could be Chris telling us how successful the flossers have been (again!) as opposed to the guys ethically short-floating bait. :P

Who are you calling old? :D

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »

Let's put this way, north side Fraser has fish but the numbers do not compare to the vedder. People should be thankful that stratocaster and Milo are as helpful and insightful as they are.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »

Who are you calling old? :D

Anyone who got to watch Tom Cochrane, Prism and Aaron Neville at the PNE for free is old.  :D

As is anyone who got to see The Queen and Dire Straits live in the late 70s and early 80's.  :-[

poper

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

Can anyone give gps Marks for those spots on the chehalis? :)

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »

sure:

49 degrees 6.005' North
122 degrees 4.412 West

Enjoy!

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »

Well, I'm definitely with Stratocaster and Milo on this one!  One problem I see is that without being a subscriber, we have no access to private messages.  Therefore, Stratocaster's only recourse is to reply to the post.  If the private messaging were available to both the sender and receiver, then maybe we could avoid the sparks on this discussion thread.  Now I don't know whether the OP is a novice fisher or not, but to ask questions such as the one posted???  Come on!  Let's throw in Norrish/Suicide Creek into the mix as well!  All of these systems have limited access and to post information on a general forum where all the lurkers and their dogs can view it is foolish.  Believe me - such posting will come back to bite you in the "you know where"!!!  I've seen it first hand.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »

So there fish in the Chehalis ? :P

Drewhill

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »

Here are driving directions: Go down highway 1, take the 3 rd exit, make a few rights and lefts and when you hit KWB that's where the fish are  ;D

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »

sure:

49 degrees 6.005' North
122 degrees 4.412 West

Enjoy

ROTFLMAO!!!
Nice to see a bridge built across the canyon.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »

Luv you Milo, great post.  :D :) :D

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »

The amount of angling pressure that has increased the last 5 years on the Chehalis is insane I think. I used to be able to go fish there all day in the canyon and never see another angler. These days that's almost impossible.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

shi man oh man

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »

the vedder is the only river anyone should bother fishing.  it has lots of room.    lots of fish   :)

dcajaxs

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »

another river to fish is the chilliwack. It is very close to the vedder and contains fish