Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison pinks  (Read 2471 times)

JBB

• I'm a llama!
Harrison pinks
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »

When do the pinks usually start showing up in the Harrison? I haven't seen any reports yet
but someone did mention pinks showing in the Fraser and so I wondered when they might
arrive in the Harrison.
Man does not cease to play because he grows old ; he grows old because he ceases to play

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.
Re: Harrison pinks
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:11:27 AM »

probably already starting to show up in sparse numbers, but they should be there in decent numbers by mid next week.  Went to the fraser near island 22 and there's a few rolling about in the area, and I got a few as by catch on my 4wt while targeting pike minnow while i went down for a look since i was bored, but just broke them off so I wouldn't snap my rod and so that I didn't catch flack for targeting salmon from the CO that was watching over me.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:34 AM »

Test fisheries have still taken very very pinks in the Fraser as yet. Most of the fishery at the mouth of the Harrison that takes place next month are for Fraser River pinks that move into the lower 1 mile of the river or less. The big run of pinks into the Harrison takes place a few weeks later. It comes mostly in one big push sometime from the last half of Sept to Thanskgiving. By this I don't mean the entire time is good, the main run may be limited to just a few days.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »

Took my kids up for the day and found pinks to be still few and far between.  Heard of the odd one at the mouth but all we could manage was a few pike minnow to keep the kids happy, until I got this sockeye on the fly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:57:52 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost