Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Cheakamus is in Fishable Shape  (Read 8144 times)

Dogbreath

The Cheakamus is in Fishable Shape
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

Almost every other river within a day's drive of the city is high 'n brown but the Cheakamus has only a tiny bit of colour and is very fishable-I drove by it three times  this week.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:15:32 PM by Dogbreath »

mikep

Re: The Cheakamus is in Fishable Shape
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:00:45 AM »

Thats a cool story why not tell everybody on the internet...............geeze!

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:08 AM »

Worst post ever...

Dogbreath

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »

That's a cool story why not tell everybody on the internet.....
And what's wrong with sharing Real Time info?

Do you have any idea how long the Cheakamus is and how much fishable water there is?

Have you ever been there without one of your parents driving?

I'm a friendly generous person who drives that highway for a living-what exactly do you contribute here-apart from baseless criticism, misery and small mindedness?

Worst post ever...
Wow how wonderfully original-yet another useless waste of bandwidth.

mko72

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »

Thank you for the heads up. Even though I'm not going, I know someone who is and they will appreciate it.

scheng53

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »

thx for sharing!!

jimmywits

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »

thx for sharing!!
x2   The Cheakamus river is not a secret honey hole!

firebird

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »

Freshet has lightened up on most streams. Lots of fishable water at the moment. Get out there and respect the fish and the regulations.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »

There is something about going somewhere and discovering something for yourself, finding a spot you've never been to, hiking to a remote location, climbing into a steep barren canyon, or walking a river without another footprint or soul that is attractive to most people that fish. That's why most people go fishing...to get away. NOT TO SEE EVERYONE SENT TO THE RIVER BY A POST ON A FISHING FORUM. The term 'hardcore' meant something at one time. It meant that the individual who the label was placed on fished a lot, 3+ times a week, had lots of experience, found their own spots, caught fish, and kept things quiet. I think their is a major lack of this nowadays.

To each their own...
Fish killer 101

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »

Thanks for the info! Heading up that way to wet a line,as I have been doing for 30 plus yrs. No secrets on that flow... ::)

mko72

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »

There is something about going somewhere and discovering something for yourself, finding a spot you've never been to, hiking to a remote location, climbing into a steep barren canyon, or walking a river without another footprint or soul that is attractive to most people that fish. That's why most people go fishing...to get away. NOT TO SEE EVERYONE SENT TO THE RIVER BY A POST ON A FISHING FORUM.

Counterpoint:

Saying "The Chek is fishable" is on par with finding out the weather forecast, or that there's fresh powder on the ski hill.  A day of skiing in whistler for gas, food, lift ticket (and possibly lodging) runs in the $200-$500 range.  You would NEVER go without checking the weather forecast before hand. And just knowing there's fresh snow doesn't mean you know where the best lines are.

Driving to Squamish is about an hour from North Van and longer if you have to cross one of our many bridges, so this can takes away one major variable. 

With regard to "There is something about going somewhere and discovering something for yourself, finding a spot you've never been to" The original poster did NOT give specific instructions on where to go, what to use, how to use it etc. He just gave a friendly heads up. I've never fished the Chek and had I decided to go based on the information that the river was fishable, I would still be responsible for finding my own spot and trying out different tackle to catch fish.

I agree that it's important for beginners to earn their sweet spots through trial and error, a little heads up on water clarity isn't going to turn every spot on that river into a beek fest featuring bottom bouncers with coffee grinders.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »

There is something about going somewhere and discovering something for yourself, finding a spot you've never been to, hiking to a remote location, climbing into a steep barren canyon, or walking a river without another footprint or soul that is attractive to most people that fish. That's why most people go fishing...to get away. NOT TO SEE EVERYONE SENT TO THE RIVER BY A POST ON A FISHING FORUM. The term 'hardcore' meant something at one time. It meant that the individual who the label was placed on fished a lot, 3+ times a week, had lots of experience, found their own spots, caught fish, and kept things quiet. I think their is a major lack of this nowadays.

To each their own...

A true "hardcore" fisherman as you just described would not have cared one bit about the OP's post as she would not be fishing next to the highway where anyone "SENT TO THE RIVER BY A POST ON A FISHING FORUM" would likely be found, since she would be "hiking to a remote location, climbing into a steep barren canyon, or walking a river without another footprint or soul."  Nor would such a hardcore fisherman be caught dead on a fishing forum like this one dedicated to the sharing of information (including, whether you like it or not, fishing locations) as she would be too busy fishing (+3 days a week), to be found here slagging others for sharing information about the water conditions of a river they drive past every day (the OP never said anything about the fishing being any good at the Cheak, just that it looked fish-able).   If you want to be hardcore, then get out there and fish and leave be the people sharing information on fishing forums.
Not all those who wander are lost

scheng53

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 08:39:14 PM »

people, just simply appreciate the kindness of mankind!!!   And that's what is LACKING nowadays in this world!!

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »

As long as there's water, any river is fishable.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:34 PM »

just pointless...  8)
Fish killer 101