Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR  (Read 2835 times)

CohoMan

• Old Timer
NFR
« on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:46 PM »

Hi guys and gal

Anyone know a travel agency that is reasonable or the best way to purchase airline tickets.

Bottom line, where can I find cheap flights??

Thanks

rhino

• Old Timer
Re: NFR
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »

i buy many airline tickets mainly for business travel. mostly us and canada.some mexico and bahama destinations. The best i have found it expedia.ca and not travel agencies. Also its always worth to check west jet and air canada just in the rare times that expedia price is higher. I also will buy tickets from expedia.ca that depart from seattle.(as you know about 2 hr drive) in theses cases the cost reduces dramatically vs having a vancouver departure or any canadian city for that matter. they also tend to have better flight options from seattle with more direct flights and less time in connections. I will almost always take seattle if time permits and I am traveling with 2 or more people.(more tix to buy more money saved) The cost to park there and gas is still less then flying from YVR from what I have found.
Hope this helps. I know it can be frustrating finding a deal if traveling from Canada. We get ripped in comparison to US prices.

Good luck.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »

The price is all over the place.

I find that the price that they advertised is not actual price you pay.

I am actually flying from Vancouver to Singapore around June to July with my son.

Thanks anyways.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:34 PM »

Kayak.com

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:35 AM »

Hi Cohoman, sometimes it can pay to check prices often and at odd times of the day, have noticed that prices can vary a lot depending on the time of day sometimes. The rip off pisses me off, how is it cheaper to get a return than a single?
Nick

adecadelost

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »

I book a lot of flights for business and use kayak.com as mentioned above.
While rates fluctuate quite a bit the general scenario I notice is this:
Early on the seats go cheap to get the plane filled early.
As it gets closer to the date and if the plane is booking up they jack the rates up as there are fewer seats left.
When they are getting close to the flight date and there are still seats left they blow them out at last minute deals so they can get the plane as full as possible.
So book super early or if you are flexible on dates roll the dice on cheap last minute deals.

Fonda Fishing

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »

check flights out of seattle.  WAY cheaper when traveling to other US destinations.

i use united for my annual trip to New Orleans.  $250 return taxes in.

kindalonismo

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:21:22 AM »

For work and over seas travel, sometimes an agent is best.

Sometimes a charter can be the best right from Vancouver.  But, my last trip to Thailand, the best price was through an agent on Air Canada.  $300.00 cheaper than expedia.ca

Just my 2 cents.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »

http://www.priceline.com/

gives you good last minute deals and packages. only thing is you leave from the US (Bellingham) keep checking for deals
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?