Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Fishing Question  (Read 1129 times)

Selyth

Alouette Fishing Question
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »

Hey guys, today I am heading out to Alouette to test  our new electric motor. I want to fit a bit of fishing in as well. I want to target mostly kokanee and a bit of trout too. What should I use to catch these buggers? Worm and a bobber or powerbait? Any answers would be much appreciated!  :D

trot

Re: Alouette Fishing Question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:11:08 PM »

I would be careful out there if your in a small boat with an electric. I would go first thing in the morning, the place is a complete zoo of people and big wake from the boats anytime after about 10am

Selyth

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »

Oh, damn in the evening does it calm down as well, or is it bout' the same thing?  ???

ja

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »

Usually trolling a typical willow leaf setup with a red wedding band and apiece of worm (with just a splitshot of weight)does reasonably well. However I was out a few days ago and found that most of the action was on my rod 20 or more feet down (varied the depth). The water was quite warm.  Good luck out there and let us know how it went.

Selyth

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »

Just got back from the lake. Went with family of 5 which I wasn't planning on doing so I didn't get a bunch of fishing in. Just enough to land me what looked like a Pikeminnow. I was just trolling without downriggers and just a little spincasting lure since I left my tackle box with all my trolling gear at home by accident. All in all, had a great time with the family and caught a beauty Pikeminnow!  8)

Thanks again for the prompt replies guys!