Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg Seventeen Hundred Pounds Lighter And-----------------  (Read 5120 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Peg Leg Seventeen Hundred Pounds Lighter And-----------------
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 04:30:30 PM »

Hi Mess, regarding other cleanups:

Starting next weekend is the annual Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, organized by the Vancouver Aquarium. There are two major cleanups in the valley that are generating quite a bit of attention from the fishing community.

Eddie99/Bryan is putting on a cleanup at the Alouette River on September 16th.
More info...

The Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Coalition will be hosting the annual Rivers Day event at Thompson Park in Chilliwack on September 24th. There will be a river cleanup, followed by a BBQ.
More info...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 09:33:01 PM »

It was nice to put some faces with some names but I was truly disgusted by the amount of trash that was there. Me and my son where not cleaning up directly on the river bank because I was worried that he might get hooked by some of the people still bbing so we were about 30 - 40 yards from the bank and still managed to get a few bags full.  Was really nice to see so many people out to clean up the bar :) :)  I think there is still another couple of thousand pounds of trash there on the entire bar, so sad :(.  Was so proud of my 3 year son for picking up trash for entire 1 hour and half with out once complaining we went out for ice cream after.
If there are anymore days plan for a clean please let us know and me and JR will be there.

messman and littlemess

Thanks Messman, your little guy was just great but seemed a little shy of me, I guess it was the Leaf Hat. ;D ;D I also noticed how he kept at it the whole time you were there. It is too bad more fishers would not bring out there kids to events like this as they will certainly never grow up and be as irresponsible as so many seem to be these days.

Thanks again for helping out.

mess

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »

The hat scared me to a first and i'm still having problems falling to sleep.  Every time i see sundin, or tucker ;D ;D ;D