Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gear Help  (Read 8131 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Gear Help
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »

Rick, the offer sounds great. Right now, it looks like I'll be arriving June 30 (and doing my last-minute gear purchases) and ready to fish the Cap July 1 and/or 2. Gonna be up for some coho action then?

Thanks for the float suggestion Biffchan. Will pick up some heavier balsa here and perhaps a few dink floats out there if the conditions dictate.

KO, don't much fancy fishin the fraser but there'd be springs (particularly those catchable with drift gear) in the vedder in July?

Cheers.

Yep I will definately be up for some fishing  ;D  the Cap will be good then hopefully as long as the weather gods cooperate..  you might want to reconcider the Fraser however.. in July we get out and have some really fun days Barfishing with the guys!!!  the gear is cheap and it is always a good time!!  the Vedder will still have some decent Red fishing at that time too.. you are definately coming at a great time for fishing!!!!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

barracuda

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 05:58:32 PM »

Good stuff. What would be the primary method of catchin these springs/reds (same fish right?)? Chuckin hardware, driftin, bottom-bouncin, trollin, or somethin else?

Ribwart

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 06:07:02 PM »

Yeah same methods...not trolling though, probably not bottom bouncing...likely you'll float fish for them on the vedder, "plunking" on the fraser....
Heh 'Cuda....definitely bring out the noodle rod, it will likely be a very effective rod to use, the extra length will be great on the larger rivers out here.
rib