Advanced search  

Poll

Squamish Backroads

fishing alone
- 3 (75%)
weather factors
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: lower mainland fishing  (Read 1614 times)

vulture9

lower mainland fishing
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »

Are the roads cleared of snow and able for travel at thise time of year. Just wondering so I can get ready for some fun fishing... ;).

dan-o

Re: lower mainland fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »

i headed to the upper squamish valley yesterday and found the road shut down for bridge work at the water pump station. they said it was a half hour to get through but could be up to two hours coming back depending on where they were at.  they thought the work would be done in the next few days.  no snow at all and great water.  didn't help me at all.  we finished the day at brahm lake in float tubes with quite a few good fish to save the day. after trying every fly pattern we thought would work for ice off with no results (two guys, four rods alternating patterns) a big tom thumb fished just under the surface stripped fast seemed to do the job. goes to show...  the lakes around alice are all almost there, unfortunately the fly shop in town is gone so no one to call up to for info. you would think that there are enough people in the area to support one shop.   ???

living_blind

• My Band - Kilmore Place
Re: lower mainland fishing
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

The road is snow free to at least 30 mile.