Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Directory  (Read 5627 times)

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
Directory
« on: October 06, 2004, 08:21:56 AM »

Here is a thought people that I pm Rodney on....What do you all think about us having a directory of services/sales that we the members do as our "day jobs"...(no fishing doesn't count!)....I believe it would help us with purchases, repairs needed etc. when you can call someone that you have "talked to" on this site and you know that you wont be ripped off (hopefully!)...Please give some thought and feedback on this idea ;D ;D

Thanks
Mike

P.S.- Anyone need to buy a vehicle??? (Guess what I do...)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Directory
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 11:21:15 PM »

Good idea.... :)

I design websites as most already know, and I am a private tutor for secondary school students as well (sorry, don't accept anymore students this semester, all booked up).

So what brand of cars? ;)

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:49:09 AM »

I am with the Carter Auto Group....we hadle the full GM line Plus Dodge, Honda and Honda products. I also have a large network to have access to all other manufacturers. I can usually help people with any car needs!

Mike

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 09:53:10 AM »

Computers + Kids

Network Admin/Unix Scripting/.NET programming....I do some contract work here and there, on the side of my day job.

Outdoor company for kids - Camping.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 01:02:37 PM »

I am the district manager for high-end CANADIAN MADE industrial hand tools throughout BC.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 01:35:09 PM »

Full Time: Fishing Fanatic  ;)
Part Time: Hunting Fanatic  ;D
Work: Biologist
          Principle: PacifiTech Environmental Consulting
          Principle: Savvittuaq Enterprises
Work basically with fish, fish habitat, exploratory fisheries, and almost anything to do with fish and their living quarters, preference of effort reflective of self-admitted Adipose Complex  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 02:52:21 PM »

I am in my 10th year of retirement from education. I am now an expert golfer, fisher, bridge player and curler. I offer advice on any topic going but it is not necessarily good advice.

I can offer excellent advice on retirement. Do it as soon as possible. Do not work 1 minute longer than necessary.

On second thought, don't retire. The river and golf courses are already too busy. Stay working.  ;D
"One man of courage makes a majority"

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 05:28:04 PM »

Hey guys,  I'm what's known as a 'Proprietary Trader'.  I work for a Canadian Company who employs traders to trade the company money on the various US  markets, mainly the Nadaq, NYSE, and S&P/Nasdaq 100 e-mini futures contracts on the CME.  Our company was ranked #2 fastest growing Canadian company this year by Profit Magazine.  Our branch usually has hiring sessions every 5 months or so, so if anyone here was interested in pursuing a career as a Prop Trader let me know and I'll inform when the next round of hiring is going on.  Hours are pretty sweet...Nasdaq opens at 6:30 local time and close at 1 pm...I can be at the Capilano river by 1:20  :D
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 10:56:56 PM »

Full Time: Fishing Fanatic  ;)
Part Time: Hunting Fanatic  ;D
Work: Biologist
          Principle: PacifiTech Environmental Consulting
          Principle: Savvittuaq Enterprises
Work basically with fish, fish habitat, exploratory fisheries, and almost anything to do with fish and their living quarters, preference of effort reflective of self-admitted Adipose Complex  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

Ever send any work to ALS Environmental or ASL Analytical Service Laboratories in Vancouver?
(That's my employer)

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 11:53:04 PM »

I'm a massage therapist. I own a clinic downtown Vancouver on Robson st.  Love my job and love fishing.
Fish on!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 01:48:25 AM »

I'm an immigration officer by day or by night (we work shifts, 24 hours per day) at the airport; a smart*#@  most of the time; a husband; a fisherman every chance I can get and asleep otherwise.  A while ago there was a group of Koreans from the Han river association who came to meet up with Chris and gang of the CVRCC, I let them in.  I've also met movie stars, rock stars and other not so important people.
President Club S. C. & P.

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 07:52:40 AM »

I'm a research manager for an environmental consulting company.  Research the consumer market for organic and natural foods.  Work regular weekday shifts so unfortunately do most of my fishing on the weekends with the rest of the crowd. 

I would like to retire early and fish fish fish! ;D
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 07:54:43 AM »

;)wow im a sawmill worker in a big company we have 6 mills and i dropsort for them. but am looking for something else as getting older and back is wearing out. so if ya need a good hard worker im the man.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 07:59:02 AM »

:Di did forget to mention i also have my own company. i do junk removal and yard cleanups so if ya live in langley and got junk phone junk-away trev@604-533-3158 10% off for board members.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 04:01:04 PM »

Contract Construction supervisor most of the time. some times hands on Carpenter & Joiner when the job looks intresting mostly on highend custom work, also been a soldier and Prospecter.   
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!