Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 28th 2009  (Read 1207 times)

flyrod

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, January 28th 2009
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »

Fished the lower river from 10am-4:00pm.  Touched one fish but no evidence of what it was.  Saw 5 steelies-hatchery beauts beached and bonked.  One close to 16 lbs.
Water conditions are excellent.  Heard of a few caught yesterday morning, biggest around 18 lbs.  Should be a great weekend for anyone getting out. 
Fished my new "kingpin 4 1/2 inch left handed centre pin".  Very smooth reel.  Fished my new Kingfisher 5" right handed centre pin reel also today.  Very nice reel. Only bad thing that happened to me was that I dropped it with the neoprene case on it and a nice chip in the back plate resulted from my negligence.  Shoot!!!  Not happy. First time I have dropped a reel and had that happen.  So now it has my 'signature' on it.  Life goes well in the "Wack". Have a great week.  Rod

markus23

Re: Chilliwack River, January 28th 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:56:49 PM »

That seems like quite the arsenal!  What kind of rods are you sporting with those things? ;)

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:25:38 PM »

LOL.  I was using my custom built Sage 3113 M rod and I tried using my Loop Blueline 8124-4 with the Kingpin centre pin.  The Sage is always great.  The Loop was interesting to cast with it.  It is 12'4" in length and swings quite well.  If I don't sell it as a Spey rod I might redo it and change the guides to make a CP rod. 
Went out this afternoon for 2 hours.  Nothing!  The rain and wind started to pick up quickly so I headed home...6 blocks away to the comfort of my leather chair to watch my Spey casting videos.  No I am not retired.  Freedom 55 has come and gone...now working toward Freedom 75. 

Mike D.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »

LOL.  I was using my custom built Sage 3113 M rod and I tried using my Loop Blueline 8124-4 with the Kingpin centre pin.  The Sage is always great.  The Loop was interesting to cast with it.  It is 12'4" in length and swings quite well.  If I don't sell it as a Spey rod I might redo it and change the guides to make a CP rod. 
Went out this afternoon for 2 hours.  Nothing!  The rain and wind started to pick up quickly so I headed home...6 blocks away to the comfort of my leather chair to watch my Spey casting videos.  No I am not retired.  Freedom 55 has come and gone...now working toward Freedom 75. 

sweet aresenol! I do not know what YG was doing ther' lol anyways just beware that your warranty is no more when you re do your loop spey! had that happen to a few friends over the years! otherwise good show FLYROD!